We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can't access a web page ????

Options
13»

Comments

• Chippy_Minton
    Chippy_Minton Posts: 3,339 Forumite
    Options
    also, sometimes i get the information bar alert underneath the info bar saying 'info bar alert, a pop-up blocked or file download that might not be safe'.
    thanks chippy minto for your help!!!!!!
    What happens if you click the info bar? Does it give you the option of allowing pop-ups from that site? Alternatively try turning off IE's pop-up blocker altogether: in IE, Tools - Pop-up Blocker - Turn off pop-up blocker.

Also try troubleshooting steps at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    have tried pop-up blocker, however now i just get a blank white screen,
    have looked at troubleshooting steps, but looks very complicated and i dont want to make the problem worse, so i think i will phone them tomorrow.
    btw i have gone to add/delete programs options and noticed that i have windows xp service pack2, on the menu, however there is no size mg etc. next to it as there are against some of the other programs?
    is this normal or may i have deleted it without realising.
    Nice to save.
  • Chippy_Minton
    Chippy_Minton Posts: 3,339 Forumite
    Options
    have looked at troubleshooting steps, but looks very complicated and i dont want to make the problem worse, so i think i will phone them tomorrow.
    Before you do, try the simplest of those troubleshooting steps: Delete the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder.
    btw i have gone to add/delete programs options and noticed that i have windows xp service pack2, on the menu, however there is no size mg etc. next to it as there are against some of the other programs?
    is this normal or may i have deleted it without realising.
    That's normal.
  • streetscholar
    Options
    it loads fine here in canada
  • irnbru_2
    irnbru_2 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    Instead of using the M$ Java Virtual Machine embedded in IE, go here and download/install Sun Java. It works better. You can then set is a default in 'Set Program Access and Defaults.'

How does this help with a JavaScript problem?
  • irnbru_2
    irnbru_2 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    alison74 wrote:
    had a look at all the help pages that mention script blocking / java etc, but seem to have done everything i can do.

I appreciate all your help, cheers

Starting from first principles .....

1. Is there one other site that gives you a problem?

2. I would disbale NAV in order to eliminate it as source of the problem.

Can you get the ESPC site to work with NAV off?

If not, either another security product is installed, some sort of IE security is set high or something may have been corrupted in the installation - its a new computer?

With NAV off I'd try Firefox or Opera and see if they work to determine if IE is the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport