We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trip to Las Vegas

2»

Comments

  • LJW_2
    LJW_2 Posts: 354 Forumite
    Hi Niceday999. I stayed at the Hilton last year , nice hotel but not on the strip. Also stayed at the Paris which is a great location and very central, stayed at the Sahara, that to was nice but a bit far away.

    I booked the Sahara on Hotel.com whilst in San Fran as we wanted to get back to Vegas, got the room for around £22 per night.

    If I was to go to Vegas again (hoping to) I would book through Hotel.com, loads of bargains.

    Hope this helps

    ps visited Circus Circus but didn't like this (lots of kids) it felt like Butlins in Vegas!!
  • The problem with Vegas hotels is that most of them are huge and they don't like to see you getting out, some you have to walk what seems like miles before you can get onto the strip. I have stayed in Excalibur, Circus Circus, The Boardwalk which has a small casino and a two minute walk onto the strip, The New Frontier which I would not recommend, Vagabond Inn straight across the road from Treasure Island and a great view of the Pirate battle, and The Monte Carlo in a suite courtesy of My Travel. All American accomodation is nice and you really only want somewhere to lay your head and make sure they have a pool, remember the strip is massive, choose somewhere central, google up a map of vegas strip hotels. We have booked by Hotel.com before and then found we could have booked on the hotels own website for cheaper. We have flown twice from Prestwick but I don't think they do it anymore, anything to avoid Heathrow.
    HTH FiFi :)
    If you find any post helpful, please click the thanks button! :T
    I survived the M8 snowjam 6/12/10 - 17 hrs to get home :snow_grin

    Brought: To Bring! Bought: To Buy! ;)
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,772 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    LJW wrote: »
    Hi Niceday999. I stayed at the Hilton last year , nice hotel but not on the strip. Also stayed at the Paris which is a great location and very central, stayed at the Sahara, that to was nice but a bit far away.

    I booked the Sahara on Hotel.com whilst in San Fran as we wanted to get back to Vegas, got the room for around £22 per night.

    If I was to go to Vegas again (hoping to) I would book through Hotel.com, loads of bargains.

    Hope this helps

    ps visited Circus Circus but didn't like this (lots of kids) it felt like Butlins in Vegas!!
    Please always check the hotel direct using codes from fatwallet etc and it will almost always be cheaper.

    The lasvegas thread has all this info and much much more
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.