We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trip to Las Vegas

Can anyone help me book a trip to Las Vegas from Dublin Pref. Leaving around 15th May - can leave up to end of may for week. Nice 4* hotel on the strip. Have tried The las vegas thread and beat my quote but no info.
so anyone out there please help me out ......
I can leave from any uk airport if it is cheaper ( but i would have to overnight stay etc )
Many thanks
«1

Comments

  • Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I took a quick peek on wwwtravelsupermarket.com and found this...

    Dep: [DUB] Dublin
    Tue 27 May 08, 14:35
    Tue 27 May 08, 22:40 [LAS]
    16h 5m

    Rtn: [LAS]
    Tue 03 Jun 08, 11:30
    Wed 04 Jun 08, 09:00 [DUB] Dublin
    13h 30m

    €617.60 for a flight

    Then have a look here http://travel.kelkoo.co.uk/c-169901-travel.html
    A mate of mine booked thru here for Vegas and was surprised how cheap the hotels are out there!

    Don't forget to check ratings about the hotel(s) here... https://www.tripadvisor.com


    Hope it helps :D
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • alanshave
    alanshave Posts: 415 Forumite
    blondie21 wrote: »
    Have tried The las vegas thread and beat my quote but no info.

    What do you mean 'no info'? The thread is full of info and could probably answer any question you may have. You'll find the cheapest hotel deals generally direct with the hotel, see the thread for the latest deals collated from other websites by Trets.
  • Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Well maybe Blondie found no info. that helped their interests? :confused:
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • Mardrew
    Mardrew Posts: 491 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Blondie21

    I, too, will second the Las Vegas thread as without it I would probably have just gone into a travel agent's and spent several hundreds of pounds more than I have done. (Actually that is wrong. With the prices we got quoted by the travel agents, we couldn't afford to go.) When I started researching my trip I spent a good while reading through all the previous posts (I started last October) and made various notes of what I considered 'the important stuff'. It took some time but, for me, it has paid off - well, I hope it has - we are going at the end of the month. I appreciate this may not be everyone's way of doing things and I have probably gone a bit ott but that is how I am.

    The main advice given on the thread is to book your flights and then book your accommodation direct with the hotel but use the websites mentioned in the thread to check for special offers on the various hotels.

    Just to get you started I used Kayak to compare flight prices and also Airline Network. I think other people just check the website of the airline they want to fly with. Flight prices can change from day to day so it is important to start getting a feel for them so you will know when you see a good price.

    Mardrew
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    What info were you looking for that wasn't there ?
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

    MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Hello
    Have been looking a while on here. I too am trying to book for las vegas. The flights are really expensive from Belfast as you have to go via London or Manchester and stay overnight etc.
    Would love to go around the last week in May . Looking at a few hotels,
    Mirage, TReasure Island, Planet H, and MGM
    which would you go for ?
    Only ever been to spain before so would i be better going via london or Manchester or where ?
    Thanks
    Hope i have posted this in the right place.
    sorry meant to say that for a bit extra say £25-30 we could get Paris Hotel.
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Niceday,

    The last week in May includes Memorial day which is the equivalent of our bank holiday, prices are quite high for that time, we leave Vegas on the last Sunday of May (we don't go far, only to LA for a week!!) Have a look at the sticky about Vegas towards the top of the page, lots of useful information there. Trets has got some deals posted into his Sigs, he's saved me a fortune with some of those.

    Stew
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    hi there :beer: . if i never answered your question on the Vegas thread i do apologies.

    the problem with flying from Eire is that i don't know of any direct flights , that go from there. i know how to try and save on direct flights fro UK , but even thats tough ( and getting tougher :mad: ) .if you going indirect there are just so many options that i cannot have great knowledge of them.

    if you can get a flight for less than £350 i would say you are doing pretty well where ever you leaving from unless it is a late Thomas cook booking. i know my Travel were operating flights from Manchester via Glasgow and i believe Belfast , but they were very few and far between and after June , when the value late fares completely disappeared . your flights are always going to be hardest to thing about your trip, after that you can take your pick of hotels from the offers from the links posted on the sticky.
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Hello
    Which of these hotels would you recommend ? I would be able to go from any uk airport.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    which ever is cheapest. i doubt you will dislike any of them.
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.