O2 Upgrade & Retention

Options
itsbeef
itsbeef Posts: 801 Forumite
Hey guys....... :hello:

As of saturday 6th August I am eligible to upgrade my Moby.

I am currently on the O2 Online 400 ...400 xnetwork mins & 1000 texts (I use between 800-1000 text per month for work purposes)

Has anyone got any advice for getting the best possible deal out of O2?

Ideally a better phone than my Sony Ericsson K700 and a better deal for the min&text package?

Cheers!!! :beer:

Comments

• Stevenj214
    Stevenj214 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    if your happy with the mins and txts, just say your not happy with what your paying... probably get a £10p/m discount.

phone upgrade wise, push for whatever one u want for free
  • itsbeef
    Options
    Cheers Steve..... not sure how generous O2 are but worth a try I guess
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    Can you upgrade your phone online with O2? i can't find the option anywhere and the FAQ's for it never give me an answer, just the option that it helped me
  • itsbeef
    Options
    I think if you go into "MyO2" it asks for your moby number, then tells you if you are eligible for an upgrade. That aside you need to call theO2 Retention number which is on the main "contact us" page
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just started a similar exercise - possibly to swap PAYG to contract...

So far best offer is WORSE than the on line deals available to everyone - but it's only second call to them.

& I also asked about keeping number & outstanding credit I've got, e mailed me back & said check the FAQ help on line.

NOTHING THERE!!

But DID gety coldcall from BT today, Sony T630 & port number 150mins 50texts 1000 QuickCallsHome = £19/month 12month sign up.

& BT use O2 network!!

VB
  • MonkeyGirl
    MonkeyGirl Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    I emailed them asking about upgrading my phone over the weekend and was told I could. I then rang my local store and they said they can do it instore :) even though I have an online tariff. I was also told to *push* for whatever phone I'd like and maybe search the net to see if there was one I liked and just sweet talk them into letting me have it as I've been with them 4yrs now.

If you want to ring o2 use this site http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php Type o2 in the company box

It works out cheaper to ring them.
  • itsbeef
    Options
    Cheers MG!!!

Just hope I dont have to kiss up to the sales person!

Times like this I wish had had a short skirt !! hahaha

:rotfl: :T
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi itsbeef,

Call the O2 Online Retentions Team on 0870 600 7102 and tell them your thinking of leaving the network to go to 3 as they have offered you a better deal.

I spoke to them the other week there and they have gave me the following

Discount 500 Tariff - 500 Anytime Any Network Mins
    500 Free Texts Per Month
    £15.00 per month, normal tariff price is £25.00 so £10.00 discount per month.
    £110.00 Credit applied to my account

Hope this is helpful
  • MonkeyGirl
    MonkeyGirl Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    Use this number for them 0800 0288151 instead of the 0870 it still puts you through to the same place but its cheaper :D this number is for Upgrades/Disconnections/Retentions; NOT Customer Services.
  • itsbeef
    Options
    Hey guys.....

Just spoken to O2 regarding my contract and handset.......

I was on their ONLINE 400 (400 XNETWORK MINUTES PLUS 1000 TEXTS PER MONTH) and that costs £45

Was due for upgrade but also wanted to change tariff, told them I was going to move to Orange as they would drop £5 off tariff and give me a new handset......... :eek:

:T Low and behold they offered me a new handset AND would I be happy with the same tariff for only £30 per month??? :T

Do bears s**t in the woods???
    Does the sun set??

OH YES THANK YOU!!!!!!

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business