Upgrading to a Nokia 6680 on O2

Duckula
Duckula Posts: 28 Forumite
My upgrade is due next week and I'm going for a 6680.

Has anyone else upgraded to this model recently and what kind of price were they charging for the phone? I have heard that if you threaten to cancel your contract they will give you a free upgrade or a considerable reduction on the price, any truth to this?

Thanks.

Comments

• itsbeef
    itsbeef Posts: 801 Forumite
    In the same situ myself. Spoke to O2 this week and they said to wait until the weekend as there are a couple of new phones becoming available such as the Sony Ericsson W800i but they cant guarentee what ones will be offered. I think the range of phones available to you depends on the size of the tarriff you are on.......

Gonna try to get the 5140i or 3230......anyone with any thoughts on these?
    :confused:
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I had thoughts of the 3230 last week too as it fitted what i wanted but i read on another forum that this phone is a nighmare for getting dust in the screen and taking the cover off that phone invalidates the warrenty, so i opted for the 6680 and love it as even if you do get dust problems you can always change the face plate:p my 6680 is on 3 so cant comment on the 02 version.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • itsbeef
    itsbeef Posts: 801 Forumite
    Cheers GK!!

Will have a shop around and see who's offering what at the mo!
  • Duckula
    Duckula Posts: 28 Forumite
    I notice on another site they are offering the 6680 on O2 for free on a 25 pounds per month contract but on the O2 site they only have it for 70 pounds. Whats up with that?
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Duckula wrote:
    I notice on another site they are offering the 6680 on O2 for free on a 25 pounds per month contract but on the O2 site they only have it for 70 pounds. Whats up with that?

Give 02 a call with the best offer you can see and see if they will match it, which they probably will it might take you to say im going to go for the better deal before they will offer you it but even with your notice in you can still change your mind, i did my letter went in and in the week before i got offered a good deal and withdrew my letter no probs.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport