Plusnet...any good

Options
I'm thinking of going to broadband. Plusnet are doing broadband plus for £14.99 per month with free setup.Sounds Ideal for me who uses computer mainly for surfing. Anyone know what they are like and what the helpline rates are if I need them?

Comments

• researcher
    researcher Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took a while to decide and last saturday signed up for a plusnet broadband account. Today I'm sitting here with my broadband connected to two computers (wirelessly too!) I'm no expert, nor is my OH, but we've done this without the helpline. Which is, by the way a local rate number (0845). (I use 01142 200000 which is to their switchboard and with access to tech support through that and cheaper if you use 18866). When we dialled it earlier, the message said there would be a ten minute wait - but we sorted ourselves before they answered, so can't say how accurate that is. Setting up was easy, the emails they sent were very clear and so far so very good.:j
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Options
    Hi gord115

I would recomend Plusnet :T

We've been with them for 18 months with no problems at all. We pay the £21.99 per month with unlimited downloads etc (hubby downloads about 85gigs a month). Their customer service is pretty good and all can be down via email, so no premium rate numbers.

Penny-Pincher!!
    xxx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • gord115
    gord115 Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone I think i,m going to give it a go.
  • Hunnymonster
    Hunnymonster Posts: 751 Forumite
    Options
    Get an existing Plusnet subscriber to refer you - they get some dosh off for you signing up - not loads 25p or 50p per month - but rather in their pocket than PlusNets.....
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure