We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Corner bath gap

Options
2»

Comments

• BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I didn't get any brackets, the bath once leveled is very sturdy. It has a steel frame with 6 adjustable feet. Will I still need brackets?
    Got a make and model and/or online instructions?
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • markleedsuk
    markleedsuk Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    You dont really need them, but you will need to secure the bath to the wall. Being a new house no doubt you will be having to fasten it to a plasterboard wall. Its hard to tell without seeing the bath but a couple of battans one in each corner will do. Secure the batten (peice of wood) to a stud at the bottom and make sure the wood is hooked under the lip of the bath at the top, put another screw nearer the top and tighten is up, this will secure the bath to the wall better than brackets.
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You dont really need them,....
    I like manufacturer's instructions, 'cos if I do it they way they say, then I can blame them when it doesn't work :D
    .....but you will need to secure the bath to the wall. Being a new house no doubt you will be having to fasten it to a plasterboard wall. Its hard to tell without seeing the bath but a couple of battans one in each corner will do. Secure the batten (peice of wood) to a stud at the bottom and make sure the wood is hooked under the lip of the bath at the top, put another screw nearer the top and tighten is up, this will secure the bath to the wall better than brackets.
    Last corner bath I fitted required horizontal battens both sides along the walls....:confused:
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • nalyo
    nalyo Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    just had 2 corner baths fitted. both with batterns. stops the bath sinking over the next 10 years. (by the odd mm or so!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport