Corner bath gap

Options
Hello

I have just installed a corner bath, the walls aren't equal and it leaves gaps in corners of the bath.

The bath looks likes the one below, as you can see I can't use a normal bath strip any ideas? The gaps are about 20 - 30mm.

FC201crop.jpg

Comments

• weekendwarrior
    Options
    Someone had a similar problem to this a few days back on another forum with a shower tray and it was suggested that some of the plaster be removed to accommodate it. Not sure if it will work in your case though!
  • mindyourlanguage
    Options
    I have already tiled the bathroom :o
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    I have already tiled the bathroom :o
    :rotfl:

Bit late now then, that was the best option to recess the bath in to the plaster, it also gives better water ingress protection.

Looks like a carefully applied silicone bead will be the only option, unless any one knows better.;)
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »

Looks like a carefully applied silicone bead will be the only option, unless any one knows better.;)
    :eek:
    You will need to take off the tiles, and sink the bath into the plaster. It will also make the bath more stable, as i dont think you would have fitted the bath wall brackets with a 30mm gap.

Dont bodge the job.
  • mindyourlanguage
    Options
    plumb1 wrote: »
    :eek:
    You will need to take off the tiles, and sink the bath into the plaster. It will also make the bath more stable, as i dont think you would have fitted the bath wall brackets with a 30mm gap.

Dont bodge the job.

The bath does not need brakets it is built onto a steel frame, taking the newly fitted tiles off will be a mission......is that the only way?:(
  • plumb1_2
    Options
    The bath does not need brakets it is built onto a steel frame, taking the newly fitted tiles off will be a mission......is that the only way?:(

And what holds the steel frame secure??????????

The tiles should always be cut and fitted to the profile of the bath/shower tray.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options

It is the only way to make a proper job of it, I don't want to rub salt in to the wound, but you would have been better off asking the question before starting the job.

If you get water ingress down the side of the bath it will cause damage to the wall, including whatever is on the other side of the bathroom wall.;)

Personally I would remove the bath, carefully remove the surrounding tiles and re-site the bath properly.;)
  • mindyourlanguage
    Options
    Okay guys....you win.

I will do as you have suggested I think its the only way and I should of asked the question before I started.

I thought it would be okay as the house is newly built I thought the corners be perfect.

Thanks to all.
  • plumb1_2
    Options
    Okay guys....you win.

I will do as you have suggested I think its the only way and I should of asked the question before I started.

I thought it would be okay as the house is newly built I thought the corners be perfect.

Thanks to all.

I know its a pain, but it is the correct way, and dont forget to fit the bath brackets. Or have you binned them;)
  • mindyourlanguage
    Options
    plumb1 wrote: »
    I know its a pain, but it is the correct way, and dont forget to fit the bath brackets. Or have you binned them;)

I didn't get any brackets, the bath once leveled is very sturdy. It has a steel frame with 6 adjustable feet. Will I still need brackets?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure