How to deregister from the site, if you wish to

Options
daveboy
daveboy Posts: 1,400 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I just thought that it may be an idea to make it more obvious to people how they can deregister if they choose to - as I for one have not found the way to do it if it is actually possible. (I know Martin won't really want people to, but please read on).

Currently the site says there are 51,000 odd users. I am sure a decent percentage of them are going to be the same person twice - especially as when the site was upgraded some people lost their post counts, or their username changed and they didn't know what to do.

I for one have another name that I've not used for a very long time and wanted to get rid of it.

I'm mentioning this as I know that the 51,000 odd figure shown at the bottom of the chat forum page is misleading, to an extent. Whilst it's not possible to stop people registering more than once, and some might say you'll never have an accurate figure for the number of registered users, I am sure I'm not the only one who has an old name they'd like to deregister.

Please feel free to point out the obvious if I've missed the way to do it folks.

And no, I'm not leaving!

Comments

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It can only be done by admin and that I presume would take a lot of their time up :rolleyes: so they are unlikely to do that..................:D
  • daveboy
    Options
    I asked Trafalgar as it was possible to do it before the upgrade and I thought I was missing something obvious after the upgrade. If it's only through admin then maybe it's something worth considering in the future along with the apparent issues with the 'thanks'.

Thanks for the prompt reply trafalgar.
  • Former_MSE_Controller2
    Options
    If you feel strongly that you want an old account removed, we can do that upon request.
  • FriendofDorothy
    Options
    I wanted to do this, because after joining with different user names that my family know me by I find it difficult to post certain money problems, ie I don't want everyone to know about.

I think you have raised a valid point : )
  • daveboy
    Options
    The username I'd like to deregister is King_David.

My name, but backwards :p
  • Former_MSE_Controller2
    Options
    That is now unregistered so will not appear in the member list or registered users total.
    Posts will remain unless you have a strong reason to remove them all.

Thanks
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    I would like my account closed please. Thank you

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • Former_MSE_Controller2
    Options
    Closed as requested.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    omg shrek101 has left:confused: ,if you have re-registered shrek please pm me,I'd hate to think you left altogether :o
  • mark_jones13
    Options
    Can you close my account please.
    Charles J
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business