Cheap birthday guest books?

Options
Hi, my sister and her friend both turn 40 this year and are having a joint party. I thought it would be a nice idea to get them both a guest book so that they will have it to remember the day but looking around they seem to be quite dear.
Does anyone have any ideas of where to get them from so that it doesn't cost me the earth.
Cheers VLT

Comments

• linzz_2
    linzz_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    My OH and friend are having a joint 40th party this year so this would be a fab idea as they will probably both be very drunk and not remember half the night!!

I will be reading the replies to get a few ideas too!!
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    why not get a pretty sketchbook, such as this one
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sallys_Savings
    Sallys_Savings Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    How about using a traditional photo album (the ones that you have to use sticky corners to put your piccies in with rather than putting under plastic).

This way you could add a few photos after the event too (dont forget to draw rectangles the size of the photos on different pages and write in them "please do not write on" or just add a piece of card and then you can add photos of the evening.

Tescos had some lovely boxed ones for sale at £7 a few weeks ago. They were white embossed with a padded pram on the front (but I took these off carefully and added a 50th birthday message (cut from a card) on the space instead).
    At least then you have a box to present them with afterwards.

I did this for a golden wedding ann and had everyone writing in gold pen too.
  • seashore321
    seashore321 Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    Options
    Ask everyone to print out on their computer a message with photo and how they know the person their thoughts , memories etc or send you via email the same and print out and place in a ring binder or place onto a disc. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure