PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Future House Prices, with poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Who cares?

Prices rise and fall, but as long as you can afford the repayments and don't need to cash in the equity, the level of price is irrelevant.
    Well as most of us will move or want to move/buy/sell in the next 15 years, I would suggest we all do.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • brit1234
    brit1234 Posts: 5,385 Forumite
    Options
    somewhere in 2012
    Who cares?

Prices rise and fall, but as long as you can afford the repayments and don't need to cash in the equity, the level of price is irrelevant.

Us first time buyers priced out of the market care.

Big falls already happening together with ever spiraling down mortgage approvals.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
  • dannyboycey
    dannyboycey Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    Options
    somewhere in 2013
    Voted 2013, but think even that is a bit optimistic. Too many variables for it to be anything more than speculation though.
  • SquatNow
    SquatNow Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    Options
    somewhere in 2013
    hearts wrote: »
    Has it reached the top?

Are you seen the papers lately?

I have to say I voted 2013, I know it will be later than than... probably 2018.

Prices have overshot so much this time that if the follow long term trends they may well undershoot by the same level... in which case average price will be close to £50k instead of current £190k.... so 75% drops.
    Bankruptcy isn't the worst that can happen to you. The worst that can happen is your forced to live the rest of your life in abject poverty trying to repay the debts.
  • Running_Horse
    Running_Horse Posts: 11,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SquatNow wrote: »
    Are you seen the papers lately?

I have to say I voted 2013, I know it will be later than than... probably 2018.

Prices have overshot so much this time that if the follow long term trends they may well undershoot by the same level... in which case average price will be close to £50k instead of current £190k.... so 75% drops.
    From the lying grass who has never owned property.
    Been away for a while.
  • Rover
    Rover Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    2nd half of 2011
    Steady on Running horse... deep breaths, inner calm. See my sig ;)
    anger, denial, acceptance ;)
  • Running_Horse
    Options
    Mentioning your sig over and over doesn't change it from psychobabble to being profound.
    Been away for a while.
  • Rover
    Rover Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    2nd half of 2011
    And you appearing 'angry' on most house price correction threads does not indicate any transition phase you may or may not be undergoing ;) .
    anger, denial, acceptance ;)
  • Running_Horse
    Options
    You misunderstand. I don't care if prices fall, and think it would be a good thing in many ways. However, your keep referring to the empty platitude in your signature, as if it explains everything in life, is really silly.
    Been away for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport