Where are you going for your Stag/Hen do?

Just being nosey really! I have finally arranged my hen weekend, it was rather stressful first finding a date that suited everyone, then finding and booking the hotel and lastly the flights, all sounds so easy!!

There's six of us, there were a few more I could've asked but couldn't face the extra hassle! (Going to have a big night out and invite everyone else aswell) We are going for a weekend in Amsterdam, it's somewhere I've always fancied going and this seemed the perfect excuse!

I am so relieved it's finally booked, back to organising the main event!

Looking forward to hearing where others are going and any organisation nightmares! :rotfl:

Comments

• OH and I get married in 3 weeks. Neither of us wanted the traditional stag or hen do, so we decided on a combined 'sten' do. We told friends/family etc that we would be going to a local pub for drinks and that we would love it if they could join us. The response has been great - many more than we expected have said they are coming and that they welcome the relaxed approach. No expense for anyone and couples can come together (so no concerns about what their OH is up to while away with mates). Not everyone's cup of tea but it has been a doddle to arrange and everyone is looking forward to it.

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
  • hi

im getting married in july and am having my stag do at chester racecourse, its a great day and chester is a really good night out

there are 12 of us and we only booked it 2 weeks ago and had a real struggle trying to get in a hotel, they were all booked or too expensive, but im pleased to say its all sorted now

we go the saturday before the wedding so ive warned everyone, no tricks live shaving my eyebrows, i dont want to look stupid on my wedding day
    its only a bargain, if you need it or will use it.

:beer:
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We're having a "Sten" do too - we're planning on 3-4 weeks before the wedding we're going go-karting/paintballing and then out for a meal in the evening... I don't like traditional hen and stag do's either - OH was all for going abroad for his stag do until I pointed out that it's really not fair on everyone to have to fork out for going abroad for his stag do. So we've decided on a combined fun day :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Richie23_2
    Richie23_2 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Hi, i'm off to Newcastle for the weekend for mine, well its ajoint one as my usher is getting married few weeks after ours. going paintballing and drinking..quite nervous as dont want to be tied to a lamppost naked.. and not a big drinker so gonna be tough 2 nights drinking in a row!!!
  • linzz_2
    linzz_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    tine wrote: »
    We're having a "Sten" do too - we're planning on 3-4 weeks before the wedding we're going go-karting/paintballing and then out for a meal in the evening... I don't like traditional hen and stag do's either - OH was all for going abroad for his stag do until I pointed out that it's really not fair on everyone to have to fork out for going abroad for his stag do. So we've decided on a combined fun day :)

We were going to have a joint do to Amsterdam but decided we would probably all have a better laugh on our own and more importantly we don't have to get OH's parents in to look after the little ones, just go on different weekends!
  • linzz_2
    linzz_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Richie23 wrote: »
    Hi, i'm off to Newcastle for the weekend for mine, well its ajoint one as my usher is getting married few weeks after ours. going paintballing and drinking..quite nervous as dont want to be tied to a lamppost naked.. and not a big drinker so gonna be tough 2 nights drinking in a row!!!

I know what you mean about being out for two consecutive nights, me and OH have been away for a weekend on our own twice since we've had our little ones and both times we've bin in bed watching TV by 8/9pm and asleep by 10pm!! Hope I don't let the girls down!

Oh is going to Belfast, think he's a bit worried what the lads might do to him as he's invited his dad!!
  • My stag do is in may 0 - weekend in birmingham.. 1st night standard beers, 2nd day Laser wars (outdoors, like paintball but with less pain)
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    there me and 12 of my fav girlies going to brighton for the weekend and onto the adonis night club where theres drag queens etc but we are going about 4 weeks before the wedding to give me time to recuperate and also it was the only weekend everyone could do. my hubby to be is going amsterdam for the weekend but a different weekend though cause we have kids so dont have to organise childcare arrangements.
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • princess1974
    princess1974 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Hello
    I have absolutely NO idea where my hen weekend is. My chief bridesmaid has been given the honour of organising it and as my best friend i am sure she will come up trumps.
    I actually also have No idea who is coming either!!!!!!!!
    I know though she has had tons of problems organising it as people have been awkward to pin down and with childcare etc but she has been a star and has had the burden all to herself...poor thing (i do feel guilty but OH says its the chief BM and The BM to sort it out)
    Thats what i call a top mate...

Cue lots of worrying stag n hen stories!!!
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I have nothing planned by way of a hen do yet, but then it's 6 months away yet and as I'm not much of a drinker there's not gonna be any drunken debauchery going on... BM has an idea of what he's planning for OH but that's their department and it's going to be a couple of weeks before the wedding so his eyebrows get chance to grow back...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure