should I stay with bt

2»

Comments

• ET03
    ET03 Posts: 264 Forumite
    not sure if I can sign to 18866 as i've no internet access at home only here at work
  • Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    HELP Please.

I am just about to register with 18866 as your advice. I have 2 telephone lines. 1 for calls and 1 for the internet on my computer.
    Can I put both numbers down for 18866 and will the computer pick up the computer one?

I ask this as I am with NTL and 18866 requires youto put their 0808 number before youmake a call. How will the computer do this?

Thanks for your advice. maisie
  • Maisie
    ' I meant to say will 18866 pick up the computer phone line' I'm confused!!!!!!!
  • Maisie
    I've answered my own question thanks!!

The 2nd line I only pay for line rental £7.50 as internet is free with NTL.
    So no call charges.
  • April2
    April2 Posts: 508 Forumite
    ET03 wrote:
    not sure if I can sign to 18866 as i've no internet access at home only here at work
    If you've a valid e-mail address at work (to which 18866 can send your 'invoices' electronically) and a valid credit or debit card that should not present a problem AFAIAA.

Make a note of how to login to your account (the url and your account number) so, if it's ever necessary, you could login on a friend's computer or at an internet café.
    Their - possessive pronoun (owned by them e.g. "They locked their car").
    They're - colloquial/abbreviated version of 'They are'
    There - noun (location other than here e.g. "You can buy groceries there") OR adverb (in or at that place e.g. "They have lived there for years") OR adverb (to or towards that place e.g. "Go there at noon") OR adverb (in that matter e.g. " I agree with you there").
  • April2
    Maisie wrote:
    HELP Please.

I am just about to register with 18866 as your advice. I have 2 telephone lines. 1 for calls and 1 for the internet on my computer.
    Can I put both numbers down for 18866 and will the computer pick up the computer one?

I ask this as I am with NTL and 18866 requires youto put their 0808 number before youmake a call. How will the computer do this?

Thanks for your advice. maisie
    Don't sign up with 18866 - their calls to UK 01/02 numbers cost 2p connection and 0.5p/minute from a cable landline.

1899 charge 3p connection and 0p/minute (if you like to talk, much cheaper).

When I had 2 lines I had both registered - so I could connect a phone to the computer line if I ever wanted to (I did once when the wife was nattering on the other line and I needed to make a call). 1899's systems will send you one e-mail 'invoice' - showing calls on each line separately. Or you can login to your account at any time to check your calls.

I curently have 4 lines registered - 3 of them 50 miles away at elderly relatives' houses (yes, I pay their tiny bills).
    There - noun (location other than here e.g. "You can buy groceries there") OR adverb (in or at that place e.g. "They have lived there for years") OR adverb (to or towards that place e.g. "Go there at noon") OR adverb (in that matter e.g. " I agree with you there").
  • Maisie
    Thanks April 2. It will not confuse the NTL dial up will it if I register the computer tel. line?
  • April2
    Maisie wrote:
    Thanks April 2. It will not confuse the NTL dial up will it if I register the computer tel. line?
    No, you'll only be using 1899's 08081708708 freephone prefix if ever you have the need to plug a telephone instrument in and make a call. Otherwise, your computer will just dial out, as it does now, on the NTL line.
  • Maisie
    Thanks April 2. I finally registered with 1899
    Just got confirmation.

April 2 is the OH's birthday too !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts