Mobile Phone 3 network any good in NI?

Comments

• Very astute of you Ginge. It does of course mean Northern Ireland. Come on all you good people in the NI, please give me some assistance here. Some of you must be using the "3" network.

Also does anybody have any feedback on the Motorola V975 phone. I've read that it suffers from poor battery life, and as the deal I'm looking at involves this phone also I wouldnt mind a bit of feedback on the phone, if any of you have it.

Cheers all,
    wotnoshoeseh
    Cheers,
    wotnoshoeseh
  • wotnoshoeseh, try the 3 website for details of coverage. Anecdotally i had a couple of colleagues over from the SE of England last week who were both 3g handsets and they seemed fine in and around belfast. They told me that there is instructions that can be found on the web to lock your handset down to O2s network for voice calls. this is handy, as it stops dropped calls between cell areas that change from 2g to 3g services.

hope this helps

cavey
  • wotnoshoeseh im on the 3 network with one of my phones ( one of the cashback deals with CPWH).... no real problems to report .... i get a signal most places ... the only time i cant get a signal on 3 i cant get a signal on any other phones so i dont think it is a 3 problem( im talking beleek here or round ballygally (dont enen get the radio there) or way down the ards penisula)
    im in quite a few places round the country ... ballymoney fermanagh down, belfast antrim... and i think its great
    the only prob i now have is im near the end of my £4.99 pm cash back scheme so i need to find a new deal!!! (its amasing how tight u become when u start to mse .... i HATE paying full price for anything now .... even 20% off doesnt seem enough now ...lol lol)
    THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS ……
    ..…JUST WAIT AND SEE
  • hect63
    hect63 Posts: 22 Forumite
    i was on the main forum and most say not too touch 3 mobile,i see they have a shop on Castlecourt and was wondering what do people think of their service in the north.The 500mins cross networks looks great but is this just another TalkTalk,cheap and crap.
    cheers hect63
  • Raven
    Raven Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had contract phones with 3 since they first launched in the uk because they've always had decent deals - origonally it was hit and miss outside Belfast but now I would say its as good a coverage as any of the other network providers.

Cant say I've been everywhere in the province but we do go to Fermanagh often and it does work down there.

I always use the online dealers to get the best deal which is usually a cashback type but if you're happy with the instore offr then I would say its not a bad time to try 3 out.

Hope thats of some help.
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)
  • Hi there, my OH got a 3 mobile from dial a phone, no problems and they are now including southern calls - we got a 12 month contract for £17.50 a month, and if you go through quidco you can get cashback as well & if you recommend a friend you get £20 credited onto your account, or get someone to recommend you and split the difference £10 each.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member No: 280 :T
    Proud to be dealing with my debts

If I had known then :o what I know now :D
    CC -Highest [strike] £5,037.19[/strike] [STRIKE]£4,579.37 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]03/02/09 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£3,385[/STRIKE] 25/08/10 £2,750 27/12/10
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Click on transmitter 'blue triangle' to see who owns it
  • Holiday
    Holiday Posts: 361 Forumite
    I have been with 3 in NI since last November. Have travelled all over NI and parts of the Republic and never had any problems with reception.

Initially I bought a cheap 3 PAYG phone from Argos just to check the areas I was in most frequently. I had no probs so moved to a contract.

Hope this helps. (I live just North of Ballymena)
    Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
  • smsmith
    smsmith Posts: 47 Forumite
    I signed up for 3 in Jan and have been really impressed with the coverage, I am a sales rep and cover all of Northern Ireland ... I haven't yet been stuck for coverage - just occasionally a low signal. I also got the £17.50 deal, went to Junction One and also got the first three months at £7.50 . Would recommend.
    Sarah
  • fredy34
    fredy34 Posts: 245 Forumite
    i got a phone from 3 last year and had to send it back due to poor coverage.
    I live in Belfast and the problem was in 3G mode it kept cutting back to 2G or whatever you call it. If you could unselect 3G it would be ok but you cant.

Girl i spoke to said a few people had similar problems in Belfast.

F
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport