Gutted due to bad spelling Blog Discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've only just noticed this thread is two years old lol.

Whoops:o :o:o:o
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Found it! http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2005/07/

Martin's had more responses in the past day or two than he had 2 years ago. ;)
  • kate1976
    kate1976 Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    Options
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed (Typoglycemia)

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

:D
    Kate
    xxx
    :Axxx
    "A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather
    and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

Stay safe, stay sane, stay smiley!
  • *sandymogs*
    *sandymogs* Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    As an ICT teacher seeing bad spelling infuriates me. Being unable to spell is excusable but being unable to recognise the problem and use a spell checker isn't.

I am cursed with a total inabilty to spell correctly as I was taught ITA at a young age and that turned out to be a completed disaster. I have however found that in the past 10 years my spelling has improved greatly due entirely to the automatic spell checker in Word. Seeing each mistake underlined in red really helped me to learn spelling, being given the chance to then choose the correct spelling without being made to look silly is helpful.

Yes I refuse to correct the kids spelling, I just tell them its wrong and to go off and sort it out.

P.S - I don't have the spelling tool downloaded on this new laptop so I couldn't spell check this entry!

I was just curious what you had typed in the search box to resurrect this thread lol.:confused: Oh and you spelt inability wrong. icon7.gif
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure