BT worst customer 'service' yet

Options
I ordered a new phone line installation with BT over 2 weeks ago & today was the earliest they could offer an engineer to come out to do the job.
I received the paperwork with the appointment info, customer & account number, proposed new phone number etc & they even deducted money from my account for it.
Tried to confirm the appointment twice to be extra sure it was worth my time taking half a day off work, but both times their 'systems' have been down & they never called me back within the couple of hours they reckoned - despite taking my contact numbers each time.

So today the engineer doesn't show up. I'm told that 'they' voided my account without telling anyone - who 'they' are within the company is a mystery, as is the reason why. Apparently I now have to reorder all over again (after waiting OVER 2 weeks for this appointment) & the earliest appointment they can offer is a minimum of 11 working days - so looking at yet another massive wait coming into mid march!!!

Of course, I can't actually redo the order at this stage as yet again their 'systems' are down & have been all afternoon. They haven't called me back yet again.
Am totally fed up & demoralised with them frankly. Am gonna book another installation date with them whilst Virgin Media get back to me about providing cable to the property. I will be just under £100 better off over the course of a year if I go with Virgin - considering they only charge £75 for installation.
Here's hoping they can supply me & in a faster if not equal time scale.

Anyone else having these nightmares with BT - especially the mystery 'systems down' almost every afternoon?
:mad:

Comments

• Slayerx
    Slayerx Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well im still waiitng for them to come round there due next Friday and that will be over 6 weeks from when they were suppose to come round orignally.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 065
  • Purchaseruk
    Options
    Well if you can actually get through to customer services, I'd be calling them pronto to confirm your appointment is still on the system! 6 weeks is a long time to have waited only to be bitterly disappointed if they don't show up like my experience.
    I was on the phone to them yet again this morning when they cut me off whilst I was on hold - after the 30 minute mark.
    What is wrong with this company??
  • Slayerx
    Slayerx Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I arranged my new appointment via there complaints department i will pm you an email address which i would advise emailing a complaint to and they will help you.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 065
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport