🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DFS Rip Off

Options

Comments

• Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    kev.s wrote: »
    does it really matter how old they are if they get the info they need

Do you think they guy has been sitting in front of his PC for three years waiting for the info??

The T&C's have most likely changed considerably in 3yrs so may not have any relevance to the original question.
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    Definately do not go to DFS if you want a sofa to last no more than 4 years. I am really miffed the sofa is still as new. They were brilliant when I bought it.

Yours disgusted!
  • Traceyg
    Traceyg Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hear all these horror stories about dfs and their sofa's but I have to say that I have no problems with my leather sofa and chair which was delivered March 2010. We paid 1k cash, they did try to sell us finance but told them straight that it was a cash sale. I have a 5 1/2 year old that treats it like a bouncy castle at times at at the moment it's still standing and looks like it's still brand new.
  • Fiddlestick
    Fiddlestick Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    Options
    We have been sofa shopping, seen many items and thought that DFS were overpriced compared to the rest of the market (SCS, land of leather etc).

DFS don't sell sofas, they sell credit products ;)
  • rira
    rira Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    CHR15 wrote: »
    How on earth do people manage to drag up such old posts ?

Does the forum default to oldest first for newcomers?

Search function = Necroposting. Simples.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Culex wrote: »
    Have you ever tried sawing up lumps of the sea?

Have you thought about changing your avatar - I've just spent five minutes trying to get a midge off my netbook screen. :eek:
  • :rotfl:
    Have a look at business . scotsman . com
    Awww the small profit DFS are making makes you weep doesn’t it?!?!?!

DFS sales man greeted me “hello, is this your first time to DFS?” “Yes!” I replied. He then sat me down on a sofa, he explained how DFS slave to manufacture great quality furniture. He said there was great slavings on this sofa…oops…I think he meant savings! It is made in china, hand made in China actually. Real pleather, I can buy millionaire priced baby wipes for it, warranty it for something which will unlikely happen. Anything that is likely to happen, won’t be under warranty…sounds fair right? :eek:

I decided DFS wasn’t the place to get my new suite, so thanked the sales man who was beginning to beg and tried to get up off the sofa which was slowly sinking in to the floor. After kicking him in the nuts and freeing myself from the stranglehold :p he had on me, 'seems like drastic measures to get a sale' I ran from the store and bought a sofa from Argos. Phew!

I survived! :A

ROFL I don't know if this is a true story??? But made me laugh, yes you have had a lucky escape. It wouldn't surprise me if Argos furniture is of a better quality than DFS! :beer:
  • BROKENLEG
    Options
    Yes, we were concerned that perhaps there was some kind of scam running. When the sales rep suggested a 10% deposit stating it would strengthen our credit request? We are likewise strongly credit worthy and had nothing to worry about but thought ha-ho and paid the £250 up front leaving the shop comfortable the suite had beed ordered and would be arriving with us within five weeks.
    How wrong, two days later he phones saying we failed the credit check and would have to pay in full upon delivery. What utter cod-wash! So we bounced the ball back at them saying thats ok but there should be a cash discount or cancel the order, the only reason we went to DFS was simply the terms of free credit over four years was atractive, Not the price because quite frankly we could probably do better elsewhere.
    Indeed within the scope of the consumer credit act there is a TWO WEEK cooling off period whereby we are entitled to cancel and thats despite all their small print gumph.
    Either way we are waiting DFS response and fully expect the worst.
    Watch this space..........
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All I want to know is whether their sale is still on or not.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    RichGold wrote: »
    All I want to know is whether their sale is still on or not.

Their sale is always on......like a cheap 20w lightbulb hanging in a forgotten disused toilet.

They also use very small people to advertise their tat (sorry, I mean furniture)

Why ANYONE would work themselves into debt for this mass produced, poorly made and sharply sold shizzle is a mystery Elvis cannot fathom.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport