We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Barclaycard Platinum GUARANTEED OFFER

Options
2»

Comments

• CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not necessarily. You need to look at moving the debt to lower APR, anything lower than you're on at the moment is good (allowing for transfer fees), don't get too hung up on 0% deals.

Have you looked at LOB deals?

Six months with no applications and no missed payments should count in your favour, can't guarantee enough, but personally I'm impatient so I'd be putting an application into one of the card providers that I don't currently have.

Checked the list of "card issuers" to see who you would target next?
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • missk_ensington
    missk_ensington Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    PandaPants wrote: »
    I had a platinum Barcalycard when i was a student with a part-time job, with a limit of £3,500! I was over 21 though...

Can beat that, I am a student, 22 and my Capital One Platinum card is £9,000! I nearly died when I opened it, I was only expecting it to be like my MBNA plat that is £4,600 maybe lower given the current climate! To be fair though I obviously didnt say I was a student and I am a homeowner but still, thats way too high!
  • DebtMagnet
    DebtMagnet Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Not necessarily. You need to look at moving the debt to lower APR, anything lower than you're on at the moment is good (allowing for transfer fees), don't get too hung up on 0% deals.

Have you looked at LOB deals?

Six months with no applications and no missed payments should count in your favour, can't guarantee enough, but personally I'm impatient so I'd be putting an application into one of the card providers that I don't currently have.

Checked the list of "card issuers" to see who you would target next?

Thanks CannyJock, I'll try shifting some things first before I start applying for anything else.

Cheers,
    DM
  • Mandark
    Mandark Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    This Barclaycard offer is still doing the rounds. I think it's misleading as you aren't necessarily a shoe-in for the card. Their previous offer letters were more responsible.
    Prof planning and public rights of way person. Studies all things tech!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport