How do I leave TalkTalk ?

2»

Comments

• allanmc
    allanmc Posts: 98 Forumite
    Hi all,
    I called AOL to try and take advantage of their offer providing phone, broadband and a free laptop and I am told that as I am a talktalk customer they are unable to do this until my line "belongs" to BT again.
    What should I do to take advantage of their offer?
    Thanks to you all for helping!
    Pete

Isn't AOL owned by TalkTalk now?

You would have thought that this wouldn't be too much of a problem to straighten out between these sister companies as they are not regulated as tightly as BT.
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • Exactly mate, its odd that AOL- being owned by Talk talk (well, CPW) -cant use their own lines. lol.

still, each to their own. Makes BT money. ;)
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 2
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Drunkstar wrote: »
    Exactly mate, its odd that AOL- being owned by Talk talk (well, CPW) -cant use their own lines. lol.

still, each to their own. Makes BT money. ;)

The problem arises because AOL dont offer line rental. No doubt if they did they could arrange a transfer.
  • But Talk Talk do, so why the issue?
  • jhp
    But Talk Talk do, so why the issue?

Because the OP wants the AOL offer not a Talk Talk one and it requires him to have a BT Line so he can cps his calls.

Talk Talk no longer offer the ability to cps calls anyway.
  • Thats the point- its the SAME parent company, and they have the (legal, if not technological) facility to allow each other to be compatible with th other. Just seems stupid buisness sense to me tht one branch is screwiing the other out of money, even if only a couple of pounds a month.
  • jhp
    Thats the point- its the SAME parent company, and they have the (legal, if not technological) facility to allow each other to be compatible with th other. Just seems stupid buisness sense to me tht one branch is screwiing the other out of money, even if only a couple of pounds a month.

I think your find they have to be kept at arms length for legal reasons.:D
  • CPW use BT style lines (sometimes), there is NOTHING stopping AOL from using that to CPS or provide broadband. Other than the oddness f UK telecoms. And tahs not an easy thing to deal with no matter who you are. lol

But really, its just very odd when you think about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport