Update My Orchid Settings

2»

Comments

• BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Client Firewall - Configure - Networking.

If you only have antivirus it will not have that option.

And we may not have the same version but most have the same sort of options.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    GordonD wrote: »
    So to summarise I need to

Contact BT and change to the option 2 package - this looks as if it costs £3ish on the website but if i phone them and commit to a 12 month contract it shouldn't cost anything.
    £3.45/month (£2.70/month from 1-4-08) but no cost if you agree to the 'rolling contract'.

Can be done online.

https://www.freeevenings.bt.com/
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Right, I have changed to option2, now I just use the heinz program and get Orchid to do the updates?

Sorry for asking again, but just to double check
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    GordonD wrote: »
    Right, I have changed to option2, now I just use the heinz program and get Orchid to do the updates?
    Yes, send the necessary details to Orchid by e-mail as detailed in THIS POST and, when they notify you they've added you to the list of registered users, you'll just have to force your Orchid to call home one evening to pick up the current program.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure