To replace a 20 year old boiler, or not?

Options
124»

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have no idea what your boiler is, not what warranty was offered on it. I was simply pointing out that a lack of service record can invalidate the warranty claim, assuming that the warranty under which you are trying to claim is greater than than one year for the relevant component.
    The fact that in your case they did not bother to inspect the service record does not mean that will always be the case.
    I did not say you were stupid, I said not getting your boiler serviced was stupid. So the red type really is unecessary.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • ollski
    ollski Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    7 - 10 years is a figure often banded about as a lifespan for a steamer but it's pretty unrealistic. Manufacturer's have a legal obligation to supply spare parts for a minimum of 7 years from the date of the end of manufacture of that particular model but it's very unusual that that's all they do. Pcbs and complicated electronics have been standard on most boilers for 20 years now and most still readily available, can't see why that wouldn't continue to be the case except for on the low end brands
  • SD-253
    SD-253 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    This is called implying someone is stupid
    macman wrote: »
    I did not say you were stupid, I said not getting your boiler serviced was stupid. So the red type really is unecessary.

a bit of a cowardly way of insulting someone BUT if it makes you feel good go for it
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you really think that was insulting then you need to have a closer look at some of the other posts on here...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport