🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Car Insurance - Good Customer Service ?

Options
2»

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I must say I have had good service from NU for my house insurance, but 4 days for NU to answer a customer complaint is not very good.

PS: If you have problem, ask to speak to supervisor and/or UK contact number.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • leehal
    leehal Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    An update for those who may be interested in the outcome, still awaiting resolution from Norwich Union.
    Had a phone call from their complaints department saying they are looking into the matter.
    About to give up on the whole thing.
  • Steve1981
    Steve1981 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    I must say I have had good service from NU for my house insurance, but 4 days for NU to answer a customer complaint is not very good.
    quote]

is 4 days not longer than the FSA guidelines for an internal complaint before it has to be escalated?
  • Rimski
    Rimski Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    LV nightmare when you have to claim!
    Are car was hit by a delivery van whilst parked out side the house, they drove off, but we have witnesses. Reported to police in Dec 07. Car repaired badly via their repairer had to go back in,they refused to let me take it to a local dealer. We have been charge the excess and this will effect the no claims too. You never get to speak to the same person . Last we heard the other person had not replied to them so we are in limbo too. For sure we will change companies when this is sorted out
  • Steve1981
    Options
    Rimski wrote: »
    LV nightmare when you have to claim!
    Are car was hit by a delivery van whilst parked out side the house, they drove off, but we have witnesses. Reported to police in Dec 07. Car repaired badly via their repairer had to go back in,they refused to let me take it to a local dealer. We have been charge the excess and this will effect the no claims too. You never get to speak to the same person . Last we heard the other person had not replied to them so we are in limbo too. For sure we will change companies when this is sorted out

Recommended or approved repairers are that only, no insurer can make you take your car to any particular place. Its your car and you can take it where you want, of course if you dont go to the RR, then you might not get a courtesy car if they are not on terms with your insurer - its just another way insurers make money, most of the big insurers actually own the repairers as part of the same group
  • Rimski
    Options
    They were so incompetent they took the car and did not have a courtesy car for us , ended up having to Hire a car for us from Enterprise! & it's still ongoing do not ring them anymore as it's an 0870 number and my phone bill went up loads......
  • Steve1981
    Options
    Rimski wrote: »
    They were so incompetent they took the car and did not have a courtesy car for us , ended up having to Hire a car for us from Enterprise! & it's still ongoing do not ring them anymore as it's an 0870 number and my phone bill went up loads......

most companies will provide hire cars from companies like enterprise is a courtesy car isnt available
  • Rimski
    Options
    It should not take 4 days !
  • jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CIS (Co-Op) have UK call centres and there's £120 cashback at the moment via quidco
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport