Car Insurance - Good Customer Service ?

Options
We have both of our cars insured through Norwich Union, mine is due for renewal in a month or so and I intend to change following my wifes poor service following a claim.

We had to deal with call centres in India, they could not understand what we were saying, loads of paperwork etc and my wife has still not received her excess back following the claim. (The car was hit by a set of ladders which fell from a passing van, they did not know what ladders were !).

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies which excel at customer service, I have full no claims, am over 25 and am willing to pay a little extra for potentially good service should the need ever arise.

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We had both our cars insured by ASDA last year and their customer service was very good when we made a claim. Can't compare them to anyone else as that was our first ever claim.
    ASDA are underwritten by NU though so you might not like them for that :D From calling them about the accident to getting the car seen was less than 1 week IIRC. Only problem we had with them was their choice of approved repairer. The garage was absolutely diabolical.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I use tobe with Eagle Star- had 3 claims with them ( 1st car gothit by 3rd party,2nd same car got wrote off by3d party,3rdclaim- hit andrun-no witnesses),they were excellent handled everything got solicitors sorted, hire car,
    My dads with the AA,at mohes being sued by me (not a happy household) butthere being really good,both companies UK call centres cx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    The 1st accident as we hadtoproduce 3 quotes, 1st being dealer,then ii choose2 other garages, they agreed to a garage of my choice.(Eagle Star)

What about Direct Line - UK only call centres
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • leehal

Although I can't change the service you have recieved until now, I can investigate what is happening with your wife's excess and also feedback the issues you have had. If you'd like me to look into this please email me [EMAIL="rebecca.sibley@norwich-union.co.uk"]rebecca.sibley@norwich-union.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Becca
  • leehal
    leehal Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Becca,

I sent you an email the other day, did you receive it ?

Regards,

Lee
  • Hey_Dude
    Hey_Dude Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No offence but NU are pants.

Why oh why they plonked their Call Centres in New Delhi is beyond me - you can never get the same person to deal with all elements of your claim.

They read off a script - if you ask a daft question they will say "one moment please" and then go back to the top of their script.

Useless IMHO.

Direct Line are fairly decent - my only gripe is that they never answer calls promptly and they are under an impression that their customers enjoy listening to Frank Sinatra - "love and marriage" etc etc.

Give me russian roulette any day.

As long as we can play with 6 bullets.

And I go first.

Dude
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,588 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My policy is with Liverpool Victoria and I always get a UK call centre. Good service too. My wife is with Swinton - no problem there as we go to the shop!
  • karena
    karena Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    NU are awful, never had to claim, but they kept hassling me to renew then sent me a threatening letter to say I had to return documentation which they never sent because I never renewed!! Never touch them again! They even deleted named driver without my knowledge!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hi leehal - i did get your email, I'm looking into it for you, apologies for lack of reply so far.

Becca
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use Carole Nash and Diamond. Good service from both and neither have Indian call centres. Previously used eCarinsurance and found their price / service excellent ................... until I made a claim.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport