EBuyer - Great!! - i luvs ya!

Options
Mods - if this is not in the right place, please feel free to move....

I just wanted to say i have just had fabulous service from EBuyer, I bought something which i then didnt need (£130 worth)

Put in a request to return *after* 7 days (which is in the T&Cs), and not only are they taking it back, but they are also collecting it for no charge...

now if thats not service, i dont know what is.

https://www.ebuyer.com
Willow: I knew it, I knew it, well not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!

Comments

• thespacecowboy
    Options
    They did have an article in theregister saying they were trying really hard to improve customer service. New MD I think
  • khizman
    khizman Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    I had a reply within 14 hours off them
    Some people told me that they take weeks and weeks to reply.
    I have had positive experiences with them.
  • Rik_3
    Rik_3 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    A good place for info like this is to look at the newsgroup :-
    uk.comp.vendors
    where they discuss the good, bad and ugly.
    Ebuyer has had such a bad name for dealing with returns etc. over the years that I refuse to use them, even if they are a quid or two cheaper. It's good to hear that they are improving. I'll give em a go!
  • RowaN
    RowaN Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    my best mate got dreadful service from ebuyer. He ordered a laptop.. it arrived... it died within 10mins. Ebuyer have no phone number and it was a bank holiday weekend. Eventually the next week they e-mailed back to tell him he would have to ship it back to the manufacturer, at his own cost, on his own time.
    I hear the cry of the silence around me.
  • Chuffy
    Chuffy Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    Options
    Ebuyer have reintroduced the phone service
    0845 146 1720
    Contact details page:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/help/?action=Y3VzdG9tZXJfc3VwcG9ydF9pbmZv&_LOC=UK

mods, please edit length
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've never had any problems returning items to eBuyer, even faulty items.
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    I would never buy anything from eBuyer.
    I had so much trouble with them on returns that i was forced to take them to court.
    A site was made a bout it called ebuyerdotdon.co.uk but Ebuyer took the man to court and it got closed down :(
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had ropey service from eBuyer in the past but credit where credit is due, just had excellent and very quick service :)
  • vickypollard
    Options
    I'm afraid it's a thumbs down from me.

I ordered 3 items last Friday which should have been delivered today. I got 2 of them but the 3rd (the one that's required as a birthday present!) hasn't arrived.

The despatch from ebuyer says 3 parcels, but the couriers say they only sent 2. Can't get in touch with ebuyer as the 'customer support' phoneline just reads some blurb about relocating warehouse and call delays being longer than usual and then cuts you off!!!!
    yeah but no but
  • mah_jong
    mah_jong Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Won't touch them with a barge pole....I just enter in my postcoade and the postage costs go off the scale!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure