We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ebay Wedding Dresses

1…7678808182

Comments

  • Is it the one with a sparkly corset top and tulle skirt? I've ordered that one from Landy Bridal.

    I'm glad you love yours! :beer:
    Hi no its got a halter neck and buttons up at the back has a lovely train 2 x :T
    :jHas lots to look forward to in 2011!!:j
    :o Baby GIRL DUE 15.2.11:o
    sealed pot challange no-876
    Mummy to DS 18/12/99 and DD 08/05/06
  • Minxy_Bella
    Minxy_Bella Posts: 1,948 Forumite
    Hi no its got a halter neck and buttons up at the back has a lovely train 2 x :T

    It sounds fabulous!!!
  • weenireeni
    weenireeni Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    pictures please ladies!
    2011 biggies: £1000 holiday,£100 all saints voucher, £200 ticketmaster, Links London bracelet, Ted Baker watch, £50 Oliver Bonas
    2011 aim - win enough to save up for baby items!
    2009 wins total £2623 inc break in Iceland!
    2010 wins total £6430 inc break in Dubai!
  • Minxy_Bella
    Minxy_Bella Posts: 1,948 Forumite
    This is the link to mine.

    On Ebay as asapbay.
  • marazul79
    marazul79 Posts: 15 Forumite
    After reading so many forums and posts on wedding dresses from China/Ebay, and after much deliberation, I finally decided to go for it and buy from Landy on ebay. The dress is Maggie Sottero, Carla which I managed to try on a few months ago and loved it, just couldn't justify the cost!

    Anyway, I wanted to report on my experience with Landy as I know its a hard decision for many brides 2 be out there. My reasoning was that the price is so reasonable, if I don't like it or its not what I expected, I've only lost £132. I have enough time until my wedding to get another dress. Realistically, you can't expect to get the designer, bridal shop quality for peanuts!!!

    After a bit of a farce with Parcelforce, I picked up my dress today! I bought it on ebay on 12th December and should have been delivered 6th Jan. I am very impressed with the communication from Landy and also getting my dress finished before Chinese New Year!

    When I picked the parcel up from the Post Office, they asked me if I knew what the contents were. I had assumed that I had got away with the customs charge (which i'd read can be hit and miss) and luckily I had. I told her it was material and other bits and bobs (which I'd also read somewhere) This was confirmed when I looked on the packet label.

    I've seen a few pictures that other kind brides 2 be have posted with their landy dresses. Its really useful to be able to see these before biting the bullet! I will try and put a couple of pic's up here over the next few days once unpacked and I've tried it on. :rolleyes:

    Sorry for the rant but after pouring over these forums for the last few months, I really wanted to contribute.

    Fingers crossed about the dress! I'm sat at work itching to open the packet now
  • Minxy_Bella
    Minxy_Bella Posts: 1,948 Forumite
    marazul79 wrote: »
    After reading so many forums and posts on wedding dresses from China/Ebay, and after much deliberation, I finally decided to go for it and buy from Landy on ebay. The dress is Maggie Sottero, Carla which I managed to try on a few months ago and loved it, just couldn't justify the cost!

    Anyway, I wanted to report on my experience with Landy as I know its a hard decision for many brides 2 be out there. My reasoning was that the price is so reasonable, if I don't like it or its not what I expected, I've only lost £132. I have enough time until my wedding to get another dress. Realistically, you can't expect to get the designer, bridal shop quality for peanuts!!!

    After a bit of a farce with Parcelforce, I picked up my dress today! I bought it on ebay on 12th December and should have been delivered 6th Jan. I am very impressed with the communication from Landy and also getting my dress finished before Chinese New Year!

    When I picked the parcel up from the Post Office, they asked me if I knew what the contents were. I had assumed that I had got away with the customs charge (which i'd read can be hit and miss) and luckily I had. I told her it was material and other bits and bobs (which I'd also read somewhere) This was confirmed when I looked on the packet label.

    I've seen a few pictures that other kind brides 2 be have posted with their landy dresses. Its really useful to be able to see these before biting the bullet! I will try and put a couple of pic's up here over the next few days once unpacked and I've tried it on. :rolleyes:

    Sorry for the rant but after pouring over these forums for the last few months, I really wanted to contribute.

    Fingers crossed about the dress! I'm sat at work itching to open the packet now


    That's useful to know - thanks!

    I hope you love your dress! I'm dying to hear what you think of it - I ordered mine on December 30th, so not really expecting it for a while!

    Please let us know (pics would be a huge bonus if you can) - can't you pull a sickie and go home now! :D

    xx
  • tb1105
    tb1105 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Mine was from a China seller on Ebay. Cost me £87 including postage. Came creased in a jiffy bag but nothing a good hand and press won;t sort out. Gave my measurements and it fits perfectly. D'Zage replica that would have cost me £950 in the shop!

    http://http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/arabheaven/Wedding/102_2600.jpg
  • Minxy_Bella
    Minxy_Bella Posts: 1,948 Forumite
    tb1105 wrote: »
    Mine was from a China seller on Ebay. Cost me £87 including postage. Came creased in a jiffy bag but nothing a good hand and press won;t sort out. Gave my measurements and it fits perfectly. D'Zage replica that would have cost me £950 in the shop!

    http://http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/arabheaven/Wedding/102_2600.jpg

    Aww the link doesn't work for me, hun.

    Well done on your bargain though!
  • How do u put photos on here?
    :jHas lots to look forward to in 2011!!:j
    :o Baby GIRL DUE 15.2.11:o
    sealed pot challange no-876
    Mummy to DS 18/12/99 and DD 08/05/06
  • Minxy_Bella
    Minxy_Bella Posts: 1,948 Forumite
    How do u put photos on here?

    I think you have to upload your picture to an image hosting site like photobucket or imageshack and then post the link from there.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.