Options
13»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whitler wrote: »
    asking a question .... as more than one had said about going over minutes as gettin rid of contract ...

and have you read the rest?
    what has changed on your contract?
    perhaps if people didnt sign up for long contracts,they wouldnt be desperate to get out of them
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They were referring to the posts #12-#14.
    The #14 one was simply incorrect and very misleading as Orange have some rules about cancellation if they increase some prices.
    This was discussed here in all details many times:
    MSE News: Orange to raise monthly mobile costs
    MSE News: Orange won't face price hike investigation but door open for complaints
    Get out of your Orange contract
    Avoid the Orange Price Increase
  • Whitler
    Options
    jeeez ask a simple question and someone jumps on ya ........ this is the reason i dont normally bother with sayin stuff in here .........
  • Whitler
    Options
    and thank you grumbler for your decent reply
  • custardy
    Options
    jeeez ask a simple question and someone jumps on ya ........ this is the reason i dont normally bother with sayin stuff in here .........

well so far you have said you simply want out of a contract
    how would you like it if your employer said they wanted you out of your contract?
    intelligent purchasing
    no doubt you took a cheap phone deal over 2 years
    now you want out of it for no reason it seems
  • Whitler
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    well so far you have said you simply want out of a contract
    how would you like it if your employer said they wanted you out of your contract?
    intelligent purchasing
    no doubt you took a cheap phone deal over 2 years
    now you want out of it for no reason it seems

no ... so far i have asked a question .... and the reason i said i would LIKE to be rid of it ..... and when i took it ALL that was available were 2 year contracts for my tariff .... it was merely an enquiry as to why they were getting out of contracts with 'going over minutes' the cause or excuse ... i may have had a course to go down to investigate if i could possible get rid of mine .... purely to change from O2 ... now i know from a pleasnt reply from another that it is only Orange (which i also asked) ..... so your 'no doubts' .. are completely wrong ...

again .. people like you the reason i dont use forums.always jumping to the Wrong conclusion
  • custardy
    edited 29 February 2012 at 11:19AM
    Options
    no ... so far i have asked a question .... and the reason i said i would LIKE to be rid of it ..... and when i took it ALL that was available were 2 year contracts for my tariff .... it was merely an enquiry as to why they were getting out of contracts with 'going over minutes' the cause or excuse ... i may have had a course to go down to investigate if i could possible get rid of mine .... purely to change from O2 ... now i know from a pleasnt reply from another that it is only Orange (which i also asked) ..... so your 'no doubts' .. are completely wrong ...

again .. people like you the reason i dont use forums.always jumping to the Wrong conclusion

let me guess
    another Iphone buyer
    nobody is forced into 2 year contracts
    they make that choice
    do you really see it as rational. that you choose a phone/tariff and then by choosing to go over the allowance, that the contract is void?
  • Snot_face18
    Options
    I have a contract with orange which i owe 186.00 to and my contract runs out this month do you think phones 4 u will buy out my contract for me or will i have to pay that first?
    I fell behind on payments as i got layed of my job.
  • T_T_2
    T_T_2 Posts: 880 Forumite
    Options
    There aren't many motivating factors for P4U to buy out your contract. All they would be doing is covering your debt of £186.00, why would they want to do that? Couple that with the fact that you have proven to be a non-paying customer who isn't in stable employment but still wishes to enter into a binding contract, you don't seem like a particularly safe bet.

Can I just ask, why do you want a new contract if you were unable to manage the last one? Wouldn't PAYG be more managable in the meantime?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure