PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make your own ice cream

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I now need and ice cream maker :D

As this has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing thread ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • storm000
    storm000 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Dont have an icecream maker and cant get rid of the crystals that keep forming. Had this at a friend's house and make it for most parties now (its not low cal but doesnt have the strange things that go into bought icecream and I serve tiny portions :)

1 tin evaporated milk
    1 tin condensed milk
    1 400ml carton double cream
    Half a small pot of saffron threads mixed throughly with around 50ml of milk (until the threads lose their red colour)

Blend all together for a minute and freeze. No crystals thankfully.
    Can substitute saffron with any chopped nuts or a favourite with my family is half a tin of mango pulp.
  • shepherdgirl
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions - def need to have a go now, recipes look great. plenty of room for experiments as well LOL

Got some fresh coriander to use up, I wonder...........
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, I picked up an ice cream maker today from Boots. It's a Baileys branded one. Has anyone bought and/or tried it out? It looks sturdy enough and was only £12.50.

I'm dying to have a go but our freezer is absolutely stuffed with meat and bargain Viennetta (69p from Aldi!) so we'll have to do a bit of scoffing first.
  • janiebaby29
    janiebaby29 Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, I picked up an ice cream maker today from Boots. It's a Baileys branded one. Has anyone bought and/or tried it out? It looks sturdy enough and was only £12.50.

I'm dying to have a go but our freezer is absolutely stuffed with meat and bargain Viennetta (69p from Aldi!) so we'll have to do a bit of scoffing first.
    I have that one too !!!
    Looking on here to try out recipes
    The original janiebaby ;)
  • MegandNicsmum
    Options
    Quick Question: If I make the ice in a bag version how soon after it's done before we can eat it??!!? I just KNOW that when I get the kids to help me tonight they'll want to eat it!!!
    June 2012 Clydesdale Loan=[STRIKE]£12620[/STRIKE]£1246.47- (only 5 payments left but just received £3955 back from it for PPI!!!)
  • savingmad
    Options
    I have just been given a Koolatron Deluxe Double Treat ice cream maker :T
    It is the sort that you put the whole thing in the freezer, it runs on batteries with two bowls and the paddles churn it.

Now i just need some ideas for recipes.

Thanks
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,our fave is a tin of custard then add a couple of muller yogurts.mix them together them pour into ice cream maker.
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    Real ice cream is made from cream, eggs and sugar. Why make your own out of processed stuff?

Try this one :)
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Because if you are in a rush its quick and easy.Savingmad asked for recipes and thats what I posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure