bus driver nearly caused accident with unneccessary swerve

Options
ok so heres the story, driving along a dual carraigeway in a right hand lane, bus stop on the left next to the left hand lane, so a clear lane right next to the bus stop, where does donkey breath go, swerving into the right hand lane from the bus stop and nearly into me speechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gif

he's got a great big full size single decker bus, i've got a 5 door hatch- he didn't even need the right hand lane, could have had the left (i was in it cos the road forks and i go right at the fork)

should have got his number, would his depot have done anything though????
things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:

Comments

• anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As theres no accident I think the only thing you'd get back is a standard apology letter printed on nice paper with a nice business header at the top.
  • before_hollywood
    Options
    beats being called a w****r which is what i got lol, how dare i be on the same road in a lane he didn't even need
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)

• nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Have you posted this twice or did I dream replying?
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • before_hollywood
    Options
    no idea what you're talking about..........:D

yeah its a dublicate

• Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    How do you know he didn't need to swerve? Someone could have stepped out from the bus stop. Have you suddenly developed an ability to see through solid metal?
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    Conor wrote: »
    How do you know he didn't need to swerve? Someone could have stepped out from the bus stop. Have you suddenly developed an ability to see through solid metal?

busses have lots of glass in them.hardly "solid" metal.
    ...work permit granted!
  • JoeyG
    JoeyG Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its just as well cars come fitted with brakes... oh and a driver to operate them
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JoeyG wrote: »
    Its just as well cars come fitted with brakes... oh and a driver to operate them

Not much help if some long thing decides to move in to you when you're beside it. But no collission or damage in this case it seems.
  • Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    I was very nearly killed once by a bus driver squeezing me out of a pinch point (ped refuge near a school), while I was cycling.

I phoned the depot and wasn't happy, the manager there was totally unsurprised and promised me he'd have a word. I was given the option to make it official, which I declined as I didn't want the man to lose his job (just get a ruddy good bollocking).

Now I don't know if he did or not but it made me feel better anyway.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    busses have lots of glass in them.hardly "solid" metal.

Where I come from, on the buses around here the bit that's at eye level of the car driver is solid metal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure