Ryanair's flights sale. Over 25 destinations for a fiver each way, incl. all taxes

Options
13»

Comments

• Jamp
    Jamp Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's good availability on £5 mid-week flights from Stansted to Eindhoven and back, but if you want to do it the other way around they're not so cheap. EIN-STN-EIN is €28 but STN-EIN-STN is £10 for the same flights, except of course your return would be before your departure. Unfortunately Ryanair won't allow you to 'add flights to your basket' which is a trick I use to get around similar problems or poor forex rates with other airlines. I still got a great deal (EIN-STN for €14, and STN-EIN for £5), but feel a little hard done by since the same flights were available for a total of £10, I just couldn't access them.
  • Has anybody else noticed that if you go straight to the Ryanair website and lookup destinations, Barcelona (Girona - GRO) Airport is the only Barcelona option. Girona IS NOT Barcelona. It is 1hr 10mins by train from Barcelona and is that worth a few pound saved? Check Easyjet because I have found £50 returns on their (Going there in two weeks). I heard about misnaming airports by the cheap airlines but this is riduculous!
  • greyhoundcrazy
    Options
    I was trying to get a £5 Brimingham - Dublin flight a couple of days ago but couldn't find any at all. I got the usual prices from 1p - £39.99 each way and then I found that taxes and charges were added on top of that as usual.
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    I was trying to get a £5 Brimingham - Dublin flight a couple of days ago but couldn't find any at all. I got the usual prices from 1p - £39.99 each way and then I found that taxes and charges were added on top of that as usual.

Read post number 7 and give it another try.
  • ea81206
    Options
    Hi
    I've just booked return flights from Luton to Dublin for same day return. 2 people travelling @ £10 per person (inc taxes as it was 1p fare), i did not require to check in any luggage or get travel insurance.... total cost £20 (what a bargain!)
    Then i go to insert payment details, choose payment by credit card and the total price goes up to £32!!!!!!!! £12 to book by credit card, how can they get away with this and is it legally justified??
    In the end i reverted to paying by Debit card which had a £4 fee.... only card that i remember that did not charge a fee is Visa Electron which unfortunately i do not have!
  • alared
    Options
    So still a great bargain at the rip off price of £24 return to Dublin for two people!

Oh yes,Ryanair are real crooks.
  • Little_Chicken
    Options
    I booked flights to barcelona for a weekend at the end of April £31.02 each - all in. I know the airport is an hour away via coach, but the times are good. I think people are being very harsh on these boards about these flights. At the end of a day this is the same price as a 60 minute train journey in the UK. The slight inconvenience of the airport location is well worth the savings in my opinion.
    :grin: Save me from spending...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k
  • greyhoundcrazy
    Options
    alared wrote: »
    Read post number 7 and give it another try.
    Cheers. Can't get the dates I want unfortunately but will remember what to do for next time.
  • ea81206
    Options
    Alared - i think you mis-understood by comment. It's a blinking great bargain for return flights for 2 people to Dublin for £24!!! Amazing, brilliant....really chuffed

What annoyed me was how they can justify £12 credit card charge??????? I'm not tight but how come they charge so much more than other airlines, should there not be a standard charge applied to all credit card bookings... takes me to thinking about the unfair bank charges and seeing a link between the two!
  • alared
    Options
    ea81206

I`m afraid the high charge for using a credit card is just one of the ways that Ryanair "supplements" it`s 1p flights.
    Same as the £3 each way check-in fee,luggage fees etc.
    I nearly always pay with my debit card at a cost of £1 each way.

Most other airlines charge for using a credit card but "hide" the cost same as the supermarkets.

My comment was made entirely "tongue in cheek" because time after time on these boards people complain that their flight, in total, cost more than a penny.
    They really expected to pay just one pence.
    (although there have been genuine 2p return flights in the past)

Other thing is that the Ryanair website is closed down for nearly four days 22nd/25th Feb to upgrade the flight booking proceedure and hopefully show an all inclusive price from the outset.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices.php?notice=gops&code=080118-cutovernsk-GB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure