Ryanair's flights sale. Over 25 destinations for a fiver each way, incl. all taxes

Options

Comments

• lesley_jane
    Options
    Hi

Managed to get a flight to Shannon, taxes fees and charges came to 9.98 and fares 0.02p. you have to pay an airport check in fee £6 and luggage up to 15kg £12 total cost £30 return.

lesley
  • Lilmiss_2
    Options
    bushcaro wrote: »
    Have you booked accom in Barcelona - if so with whom please or will it be a day trip - is that poss?

The flight is a late one 9pm take off, 23.50 landing.
    Were booking a hotel near the airport for one night and 7 nights in a self catering mobile home in Play D'aro for £94!!! with eurocamp. Ive just posted a sperate thread about it

HTH
    DFW £10923 (nov2014)
  • andrewbrydon
    Options
    WARNING

Ryanair fly to Girona also so be aware !
    Girona is around 1hr 30 minutes from Barca
    £40 in a cab although there is a shuttle service check the web for this
  • amazonvader
    Options
    Great if you only want to go to Dublin, Knock or Cork.

Talking of Ryanair, I flew back from Riga yesterday with them. Their plane was over 3 hours delayed, so we checked the internet at the airport to find out what our rights were, as we were starving!

What we found was, according to EU law, if your plane is delayed by more than 3 hours and you are more than 1500 miles from home, your airline must provide you with food and drink. You are also entitled to up to 400 Euros in compensation. THIS INCLUDES BUDGET AIRLINES, SUCH AS RYANAIR AND EASYJET.

We checked with various airport staff (passport checkers, immigration officers, terminal gate staff, etc. etc.) and they all told us that Ryanair HAS to provide us with food and drink after a 3 hour delay.

However, nobody from Ryanair was available, (surprisingly) and we ended up talking to somebody from a different airline. They confirmed that it's now law to provide food and drink after a 3 hour delay, but told us that Ryanair was the only airline not to abide by the rules. They told us that "Ryanair are not like any other company, they have their own rules."

Not entirely sure where we stand, but I thought I'd just let you know what happened to us when we used them.
  • powershopper
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Have just booked a day out to Dublin for myself and hubby, next wednesday, for a penny a flight each way !!!! from East Midlands. OK the other £31.96 is made up of handling charges and airport fees, but you have to pay that whatever the flight costs. Thanks MSE. Anyone got any tips about getting from Dublin Airport to the Fair City, and what are the "must see" places you can do in a day out.:j
  • GlennTheBaker
    Options
    powershopper, have a look at THIS thread for getting from the airport to the city centre.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • noated12
    Options
    Hi All.
    You can only get free internet booking with ryan air if you book in in the first 60 passangers,after that it's the same as booking in at the airport 3 pounds each way.:mad:

MSE_Martin wrote: »

12 February 2008

What's the deal?

No frills (and I mean no frills) budget airline Ryanair has another flight sale on; this time journeys are a fiver each way, including all taxes and charges; though not booking, baggage and check-in fees (see later).

When you can go?

Flights must be taken between 23 Feb and 30 Apr '08 (excluding 19-26 Mar) and you must book before Thurs 14 February to get them.

How to speedily find these flights

In a nutshell, use the FlightChecker, a special free tool I had built deliberately to find budget airline special offers. It works by you entering the maximum price you’re willing to pay including taxes and charges, your preferred airports plus a date range, and then it finds the flights for you.

Follow these steps....
    • Select the airport you'd like to depart from
    • Select a date range within the promotional period
    • Tick the 'any destinations' box.
    • Select flights UNDER £6
    Do that and a list of all £5 flights appears, giving you various destination options. Once you've picked where to travel to from the list of results, visit Ryanair and check out the total price including charges.

Warning! Heavy demand may mean the flightchecker slows down

The 'any destination' search takes a huge amount of server resource, so if lots of people from the weekly e-mail (which is now received by nearly 1.8 million people) do this, it's likely to cause some slow down. Please be patient and don't keep reclicking - that just makes it worse.

WHEN YOU FIND A £5 FLIGHT...
    Please report it by clicking reply to help other MoneySavers

Which flights are available under this promotion?
    • Book before the end of Thurs 14 February.
    • Flights must depart between 23 Feb & 30 Apr '08: excluding flights between 19 Mar & 26 Mar '08. All school breaks and major sporting event periods are excluded too.
    • Departs from: Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Doncaster (Sheffield), Durham (Tees Valley), East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow (Preswick), Inverness, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool John Lennon, London (Gatwick, Luton & Stansted), Manchester and Newcastle.
    • Destinations include: Alghero, Barcelona, Cork, Dublin, Eindhoven, Frankfurt, Gdansk, Hamburg, Marseille Province, Nanates, Parma, Riga, Santiago de Compostela, Toulon St Tropez, Valencia, Zadar and more.

The promotion details are listed here.
    WARNING! Ryanair charges you to check baggage in!

Sadly while the main flight is cheap... there are other additional charges. The cheapest way to travel with it - is only take handluggage.

1. You pay £3 to check in, unless you only have hand luggage and check in online.

2. You pay £6 for your first checked-in bag provided you pre-book it or £12 per checked-in bag that you haven’t pre-booked. Take more than one bag and you’ll pay £12 for the second, regardless of how you book.

3. You pay £3 to pay on a credit card, £1 on a debit card, Visa electron payments are free.

Martin

Get other flights as cheap as possible

If you're looking for other flights please read the main ‘Cheap Flight Finding’ article.

Cheap Travel Insurance, Carbon Offsetting & Overseas Spending

Read the Travel Insurance Cost Cutting & Cheapest Way To Spend Overseas articles. Plus see the 'Carbon Offsetting' section of the cheap flights article.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    powershopper, have a look at thread for getting from the airport to the city centre.

The local buses wait outside the airport and run every half hour into the city centre for something like 2 euros.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/fares.asp#2

Just checked and it`s still 2 euros from the airport to the centre.

You put the exact fare into the machine on the bus
    the driver doesn`t handle any cash.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    amazonvader, whilst you are correct that you should have been provided with refreshments, you are not correct about the compensation. The provision is explained in detail here.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • GlennTheBaker
    Options
    I found that the 1 Day Family Rambler ticket was the most convenient option. 8.50 Euro covered myself and Mrs Baker using the 747 Airlink in both directions. I bought it online before my trip so no need for change. I think the extra 50 cents for using the direct service offered by the Airlink bus rather than the slower local buses was money well spent.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport