What is an advanced payment? And a bit of a rant sorry!

Options
13»

Comments

• becky2011
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't really expect them to be any quicker!
    Yeah I thought it was strange about the payroll person too, bit too convienient. At least it's progress on the CSA's part though, well as long as they don't forget to follow up on Monday!
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    becky2011 wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't really expect them to be any quicker!
    Yeah I thought it was strange about the payroll person too, bit too convienient. At least it's progress on the CSA's part though, well as long as they don't forget to follow up on Monday!

Ring the CSA first thing Monday morning to remind them!

If I was in your shoes I would get hold of the CSA asap and ask them to phone the NRP's place of work tomorrow, just in case the accounts manager IS in! They may happen to speak with another person. And tell the CSA to take the name of the accounts manager.

I'm just too cynical :cool::cool:
  • Cozworth806
    Options
    Regarding your first post.

If you applied and there is undue delay in contacting your ex then you quite possibly will have lost out financially as the CSA will only charge him from the date they contact him, not the date of your application.
    In that case you can press them to compensate you for the time it took them to do so, and any money you lost as a result. This is called a special payment (compo)
    Nothing to see here :beer:
  • becky2011
    Options
    I'm not sure now which depatment is dealing with the case, is it the collections team or something similar?
    Does anyone have a phone number for that department? The people from the CSA I have spoken to have not been very forthcoming with the phone number for that department, they just tell me that ''your case is being dealt with by a different department, Blah blah.... It will be resolved in due course''
    I don't really like it when they use the phrase 'due course', to them it means whenever we get around to it!
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Becky

Is your CSAC Plymouth?

Are you dealing with just one person? If so, get their name and direct phone number.

If they refuse, ask to speak with a CRO - Complaints Resolution Officer.
  • becky2011
    Options
    My case is being dealt with in Bolton( I think?)
    I have been taking peoples names and will follow your advice from now and get direct number for some unlucky person lol!

Today I got a phone call to say that the change of circumstances team will be allocating my case to one of their peeps. This is strange because the change of circumstances started in November and I thought it was already being looked at. What the hell are they doing? The man is phoning me back in a minute, he's trying to find out more for me.
    I asked if they had got into contact with NRP's employer as they said they were calling them today. The CSA today said they have no record of this and don't know who would be phoning the employer.
    I don't want to get angry today but I feel like banging my head against the hardest wall I can find.
    What shall I do now? Any ideas? Any good phone numbers for complaints dept?
  • rach28
    rach28 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    if your case is in Bolton the phone number for the complaints is 01925 434573
  • becky2011
    Options
    Just an update.

The CSA rang me yesterday(twice this week so far! It's a record!) and it was the same person that rang to say the change of circumstances team have started looking into the case. He said that he will again ask that at least the arrears start to get paid while they are working out the change of circumstances. He said that all he can do is pass this on to the appropriate team and ask them to call me asap. He also went on to say that the change of circumstances will take up to 12 weeks from now, even though it was passed to them in November.
    Have heard no more about the special payment, but then that can take 12 weeks too.
    I do have a little more faith in the person who has been calling me because he has kept to his word so far and is trying to get it sorted as quickly as possible. I don't mind waiting a short period of time it's just that I have heard this all before back in June when they said it would be 12 weeks from then.
    I have 2 more weeks before ICE will get involved.
    Re the phone call to employers payroll department, no one knows who called them?! I love the CSA lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure