What is an advanced payment? And a bit of a rant sorry!

Options

Comments

• emmy05
    emmy05 Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Options
    ???

i hope your MP can help out becky, really could do with an ignore function around this thread x
  • Carbootycat
    Options
    Hi. My eldest son is having money taken out of his wage by CSA to pay to his daughters he has wage slips to prove it. His ex is screaming down the phone at him because she isnt receiving any money from them. They have both rung the CSA but they dont want to know. :mad: How can he make them give her the money she is owed. Advise please:confused:
  • emmy05
    Options
    im wondering if its due to the fact that shes on benefits, that she isnt getting this money, as i dont think they would pay her exactly, i am thinking they might well pay the social security to make up for the money shes claiming?
    however if shes not, then i havent a clue lol x
  • enemes
    enemes Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carbootycat

if she is on benefits, then she will only be getting the first ten pounds that he is having taken from his wages. The rest will be going back into the State's coffers.
    :wave:
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emmy05 wrote: »
    ???

i hope your MP can help out becky, really could do with an ignore function around this thread x

I have edited my post too.

There is a block contact function. I think you right click on person's ID. Not really worth bothering about I find, however.

It is simply not worth bickering about with other people on here as the CSA cause enough problems as it is.
  • emmy05
    Options
    yes, i agree x

i was just wondering if she may well be trying to get him to put cash straight into her hand, rather than paying the csa? im sure she wouldve been told about why she isnt getting the money as well, x
  • Carbootycat
    Options
    My son emailed CSA complaints dept had a real rant at them. They rung him back stright back. They got in touch with his employers. He told them several times he is only employed PT but they were assesing him on full time earnings. His eldest D is 17 and pregnant. The other 16 but still at school. The CSA divulged a lot of personal information to his employer ie tax credits and family allowence. He is thinking of taking it further because they have broken the confidentiality laws. His employer is willing to tell a solicitor what has been said to him. CSA seen to think they are above the law.
  • leighliz
    leighliz Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Can sympathise with Carbooty cat, the CSA told my violent ex my address and telephone number, he traced us and caused all sorts of trouble. Got a fickle apology from the CSA. The case is now with the Partilentary Ombudsman but has taken over a year to get there. The're not above the law, but the law seems powerless to stop them making such mistakes and does not punish them at all for doing so.
  • becky2011
    Options
    Possible case progression but not going to get excited yet!
    Have been told that the CSA have tried to get in touch with NRP's payroll depatment today but have to call back on Monday as accounts person is away until then. Will ring again next Tuesday to check that has been done. Hoping that means they have worked out amounts etc. and an DEO will be enforced as requested.
    I asked about when I am likely to recieve compensation and have been told it can take up to 3 months:confused: I never know who to believe, does anyone know if this is standard procedure or am I being fobbed off again?
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    becky2011 wrote: »
    Possible case progression but not going to get excited yet!
    Have been told that the CSA have tried to get in touch with NRP's payroll depatment today but have to call back on Monday as accounts person is away until then. Will ring again next Tuesday to check that has been done. Hoping that means they have worked out amounts etc. and an DEO will be enforced as requested.
    I asked about when I am likely to recieve compensation and have been told it can take up to 3 months:confused: I never know who to believe, does anyone know if this is standard procedure or am I being fobbed off again?

Seems strange the payroll person is off until Monday...If they are still off on Monday I would check out the CSA website on Employers link. If they mess the CSA around they can be fined.

Compo time span - I'm afraid that is the turnaround...sorry to be the bearer of bad news there.

Keep strong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport