help with tax credit payments

Could anyone help me please?
Im currently recieving CTC, OH is recieving WTC as he works over 30hours a week. We have 2 kids,school age,no childcare costs (not till the school summer hols anyway). I started working 8hrs a week in November last year,informed tax credit people and my weekly payment stayed the same. Ive now been offered an extra 8hours a week,taking my weekly work hours to 16. What I want to know is..if I take the extra hours,will they cut my weekly payments alot? Or will it increase,as Ive read that they seem to pay more money if you hit the 16hours a week mark? If I take the hours,I know I'll be able to claim help with childcare costs..but does it have to be every week,or will they just pay it during school hols? (when I will have to get kids to a childminder)
Helen x
love my little man he is amazing :j

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Since your husband is already working over 30 hours per week you will already have the 30hr element of WTC incuded in your current calculation. It is only given once so you will not have anything added. However your increased household income might mean your total payment may decrease. Call TCO and they should be abe to give you an idea how the change will affect your payments.

Re the childcare costs you can tell them when the costs start and then again when they finish. They will require the weekly cost, name of chidminder and the name of the authority they are registered with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure