Ghost sims adaptors

Options
shazrazmataz
shazrazmataz Posts: 1,165 Forumite
First Post
Hubby has seen this advertised & was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it, this is the advert :

The easiest way of enabling the use of 2 or 3 SIM cards in your xyz mobile phone. Keep business and personal calls separate. Use another countries SIM card if traveling abroad or another UK SIM if coverage is poor in certain areas. Compatible with your xyz phones original battery with no modifications to the mobile phone required. The manufacturers warranty is unaffected. Fitted in seconds.

Any advice much appreciated :confused: thank you.

Shaz xx
Living & lovin' life 'down under'.
There Comes A Point In Your Life When You Realise Who Matters, And Who Never Did, And Who Always Will. So Don't Worry About People In The Past There's A Reason Why They Didn't Make It Into Your Future............

Comments

• pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Aka as multi sim adaptors,or twin sim adaptors.They do exactly what you describe.Enabling you to have more then one sim in your phone at same time. Easy switching between sims.No need to keep swapping sims.You can have the benefit of 2 or 3 different sims.l.(payg,Contract or Oversea,s) . Only need to carry one phone.Disadvantage you can only have one sim in use at the same time.So if someone called you on one number, and you were using another they would not reach you.
    PF.
  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    not used one myself but ive heard they work ok although you do need to cut your sim card at your own risk
    you can also select the sim you want from the phone menu
    how much have you seen the for?
    one of the traders i know sells them for about £13 delivered i can find his info for you if your paying much more than this
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    drahcir wrote:
    not used one myself but ive heard they work ok although you do need to cut your sim card at your own risk
    you can also select the sim you want from the phone menu
    how much have you seen the for?
    one of the traders i know sells them for about £13 delivered i can find his info for you if your paying much more than this

You should be able to pick up a dual one for about £9 quid.(Including First Class Delivery) If you get a decent one there is no need to cut them now.
    PF.
  • karin
    karin Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I have used dual sim adaptors for some time.
    I have Orange out here on an old orage sim which I use for texts and for receiving calls as everyone knows the number as I have had it for about 5 years.

I also have a Virgin sim for international calls when away from home as they
    automatically charge a flat rate of 20p per min at all times to both international landlines and international mobiles without having to take up or pay for any special deals.

I have found the ''dual sim back'' type, which replaces the original back from the phone, the most relible BUT they do make the phone bulkier - doesn't bother me but might the more fashion concious among us.

Should cost about a tenner.
    I got mine from the local market.
    They seem to be more available for the older nokia phones than any other
    makes of phone.

You could also try e-bay.
  • Andy.T_6
    Andy.T_6 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    My advice would be port your number as best suits and put any sims you don't need to use on a shelf! Having used 2/3 sim adapters over a couple of years I can tell you it's not worth the bother of changing sim just to make a call, and you !!!!!! your mates off when they quite rightly assume that your part-time sim is your main phone, and turned on all the time!
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the earlier tyoe dualsims are cheaper but as said earlier, the make the phone a lot fatter.
    the new tyoe that need cutting are the ghost sims
    see here:
    http://www.aboveconnection.co.uk/news.html
  • mand1_3
    mand1_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been looking into getting one of these as I have 2 sims I would like to be able to interchange. Don't fancy cutting them up though and haven't had much luck finding the non-cut version for my phone Motorola V220, if anyone has any knowledge of where I can get a non-cut adaptor I would be very grateful. Thanks.
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    on the link i gave the company will cut your sim for you free of charge.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've used a triple-SIM adapter for years with no problems at all. With my one, you just put the SIMs into the adapter - no cutting required, so I can always go back to the boring normality of just one SIM if I wanted!

I think https://www.m-99.co.uk have some reasonably priced ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure