New Home New Everything

Options
Hi Guys
Don't post here that often but always get good advice so I always come back!

I've just moved to new house which was connected with BT. I think the previous owners had an asdn line which they have taken with them. I think I now need to have a new connection made if I want a phone. I also want a broadband package. There is cable there but apparently it's analogue and not digital.
I really don't know what to do or what my best option would be as there are so many offers of free laptops/wireless/phone deals etc where I wouldn't necesarily need BT.

Would you guys be able to advise me what would be the best all round thing for me to do? I want to use broadband to surf the web mainly and wouldn't be a massive heavy user. I don't use a landline phone hardly but would be prepared to recconnect to BT if it gave me best options for broadband. Do you think I would stand a chance if I called BT and tried to negotiate a deal where if I chopose their broadband service they re-connect me for nothing or, am I wastign my time completely and should go for someone like AOL and a nice free shiny laptop and phone package?

Come on guys - let me have it. I'm not necessarily trying to save money here but trying to find out what are the best, most reliable and all round value for money package for me not having a BT line already.

Appreciate your ideas :)

Comments

• Pitchshifter
    Options
    First thing to try would be go to Samknows.com and enter your postcode into the "mapping engine" to see what's available in your area. If you can get O2 in your road, consider yourself lucky and take a look at what deals they offer. O2 woud be my recommendation for excellent broadband. If you have a mobile you can get a package deal and make further savings.eg £7.50 per month.
    As far as BT is concerned, keep it simple and just pay the basic phone line rental and option 1 billing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure