Nokia 6230 12 month contract for £43.88 in total!

Options
Al_Jolson
Al_Jolson Posts: 101 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
See here for link to relevant page on Dial-A-Phone website-
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offerdetails.aspx?offercode=O2XNET304&ID=49

Details are:
Free Nokia 6230 (camera, MP3, Video, Bluetooth, takes MMC memory cards etc).
12 month O2 contract.
Free 200 any-network minutes + 50 texts

All for £4.99 a month.
Less £10 for ordering online
Equals £49.88 for the year.
AND going through RPoints gets another £6 back, bringing it down to £43.88!!!!

This phone presently costs £169.99 for an O2 Pay As You Go deal from The Link, and that's without any free minutes or texts.

Please note - the 12 months are redeemable as cashback to your airtime account in 4 stages: £75.03 at month 3, £75.03 at month 6, £75.03 at month 9 and £75.03 at month 12.

Comments

• FF99
    FF99 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    Al_Jolson wrote:
    Please note - the 12 months are redeemable as cashback to your airtime account in 4 stages: £75.03 at month 3, £75.03 at month 6, £75.03 at month 9 and £75.03 at month 12.

Not quite the deal it seems since you never actually get your hands on the £300 'cash'back. Just a credit against any additional airtime / texts you happen to use over your free allowance.
  • Al_Jolson
    Al_Jolson Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just checked with O2 and they confirmed to me that at the end of the 12 months contract, any surplus funds in the airtime account will be paid back in full.

It just means that there's one additional act of redemption, and that the cash won't end up in your hand until the end of the 12 months.

It's a hassle, but it'll do for me.
  • littlelaurakate
    Options
    These cashback deals do work with Dial-a-phone, I did one and got all of the money back in credit and settled up the remainder with a cheque at the end of the 12 months when i left...what's even better is that they used to (is this still the case?) credit £20 in to your current account for every mate you referred - I got £80!!! bargain
  • Matt`_5
    Matt`_5 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    So do you get to keep the phone as well once the 12 month contract is over as a lot of people seem to sell the mobile after the contract is over? I don't really know a lot about contracts, I'm just on PAYG with a genie sim ;)

Thanks
  • Thenotsowyzewun
    Options
    With any contract you get to keep the phone. BTW with those o2 sims you only get about 25 mins crossnet for £10 (or something really bad like that) so you're better off getting a 2nd sim with better rates if you spend more than £10 a month (i told this to someone i know who spent £40 a month for ages, now they spend closer £20!
  • Matt`_5
    Matt`_5 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    With any contract you get to keep the phone. BTW with those o2 sims you only get about 25 mins crossnet for £10 (or something really bad like that) so you're better off getting a 2nd sim with better rates if you spend more than £10 a month (i told this to someone i know who spent £40 a month for ages, now they spend closer £20!

Could i get the phone for £50 then and just use my PAYG sim in the phone and never use the contract sim?
  • melipona
    melipona Posts: 492 Forumite
    Options
    I've heard that this company will not port your old number to voda or o2, why is this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure