Report Autoresponder

Options
I've (and others I've talked to) noticed that quite often there's no autoresponder message if a post is reported. Is there a reason for the inconsistency, does the autorespond only come once someone has read the report for example? How does it work?

(before anyone judges I was reporting really filthy swearing and a post hoping someone would kill me)
"She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
Moss

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    There is currently a problem with the server. MSE Forum Manager posted about it yesterday (not sure about other occasions!).

Might be worth contacting the relevant boardguide? x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • a11waysindebt
    Options
    I've (and others I've talked to) noticed that quite often there's no autoresponder message if a post is reported. Is there a reason for the inconsistency, does the autorespond only come once someone has read the report for example? How does it work?

(before anyone judges I was reporting really filthy swearing and a post hoping someone would kill me)

Hiya mate,

Who was going to kill you........
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aardvarkuk wrote: »
    That link is now defunct and it looks like the troublemaker has been booted off this website. :)

It's always makes me sad when it has to come to that. I take no pleasure in seeing anyone banned. It was the most extreme posting I've seen in quite a while though. Unfortunate timing with the abuse report problems but at least they must have now seen what was happening. The really sad thing is when posters can't see why what they've written is so wrong in terms of threats, swearing etc.
    Moss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport