• kendalls_cave
    Options
    who did you go with? :)
    :j £2 coins = £2.00 :j
  • si1965
    si1965 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    who did you go with? :)

Newnet. They are more expensive and they do have hard caps with bandwidth allowance but no throttling and UK based support.
    Hark at you going all strict :D
  • ukwiz
    ukwiz Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It would be nice if there was some indication about the legality of this move by Pipex/Tiscali.

Is it a breach of T&Cs, or perhaps an unfair change. This might allow those under a 12 month contract to leave without having to pay off the rest of that contract.

Hoping for Ofcom to do anything is a waste of time.

For anyone on Pipex, make sure you switch to Direct Debit as soon as possible. Even those who have moved away "legitimately" have found money being taken from their credit cards after the event.
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    ukwiz wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was some indication about the legality of this move by Pipex/Tiscali.

Its legal enough, there will most likely be a bit in the contract stating they'll deliver an internet connection to yourself by whatever means possible to them.

I'm suprised this has come to light now. Pipex have been using Tiscali's LLU services for well over a year now
  • tonydee
    tonydee Posts: 722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm with Freedom to Surf who I believe have also been taken over by Tiscali. F2S had been excellent for the past couple of years but today no broadband connection at all. Currently on dial up and a MAC code request imminent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure