How do I ban a caller?

Options
needmoney
needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have an orange contract phone and I want to ban a caller. Do I need to call Orange or is there a way to do it myself and can that caller at a later date be reinstated? I would apreciate any help with this, thanks.
Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

• jf2404
    jf2404 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    You can't cancel 1 specific number from calling you.

You can block all calls but not just 1.

If you are being verbally abused or threatened, just nip into your local police station and report it (if you know who it is), they will either warn the person, or request that they never call you again, and if they do then contact the police again and they can take further action.
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you jf, I posted this question before I heard the terrible news about the bombings in Lodon I wouldn't have bothered had I known. Thanks again.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• jf2404
    jf2404 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    No problem.

It is terrible news, i can never understand why people do things like this. What does it achieve ? nothing what so ever...
  • cymro1170
    cymro1170 Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It achives publicity for some organisation or other
  • mrnomoneybags
    Options
    I have just remembered

I had a LG U8138 (not a bad phone really) and i could have a block list in it.

You enter the number and you wont recive calls or txts from that number until you remove it from the block list.
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    or assign a silent ringtone to it so when they call you can't hear it.
  • bigup
    bigup Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Most phones do have block lists available on the options for contacts (well i have a sony and samsung and ythey both have the facility) so check your phone manual to see if its available.
  • Hunnymonster
    Hunnymonster Posts: 751 Forumite
    Options
    You could always add the offending number to a group in your contacts list and set the ringing characteristics of that group to silent (most phones I've had are capable of doing this) - not blocking them per se - but stopping the phone alerting you to them calling.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport