BEWARE DODGY DIALAPHONE "CASHBACK"

Options
Have been looking for a decent mobile phone offer. Was amazed to see Dialaphone offering the Nokia 3510i free with the £30 line rental offset by "£300 cashback!" and your usual 200 xnetwork anytime minutes being doubled for three months.

Throw in an extra tenner off for ordering online and you've got yourself ample minutes and an acceptable phone for around £50 for the year. Lovely jubbly.

BEWARE. Close inspection shows that the cashback is in the form of "airtime credit". This is very different to cashback and so I thought I'd ring the Dialaphone freephone number to clarify.

Was met with a woman who demanded which phone I wanted to buy and what offer I wanted to take advantage of. When I said I had a query she actually had the gall to tell me that this was a sales line and all information was on the website. I perservered and SHE CONFIRMED THAT THE "CASHBACK" IS NOT ACTUALLY PHYSICAL CASH BEING RETURNED TO YOU, but credit to your airtime account.

When I suggested that this was not cashback SHE HUNG UP!! Nice attitude. Nice company.

BUYERS BEWARE, would be good if we could do something about this. Offer is only open to 31 October but am concerned that some will be left with this phone for a year longer with call credit on it, but left paying £30 per month.

BUYERS BEWARE DIALAPHONE.

Take it easy y'all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family