unlock 247 claim to unlock 6680

Options
gorilla
gorilla Posts: 217 Forumite
http://www.unlock247.com/
These guys claim to unlock a Nokia 6680. Now this can't be done, except by the networks or am I wrong?

Has anybody ever used them before, know if they're legit or dodgy. It sounds too good to be true and they use paypal.

I know the 6680 has been covered before but I couldn't find the thread and searching for the company didn't bring anything back.

I certainly wouldn't advise anybody risking it unless someone out there knows different.

Hope to hear good news.

Cheers,

gorilla

Comments

• Bacon_Sandwich_3
    Options
    It can be done now.It's only when they are new.

It has been avaliable for a few weeks in phone shops where they use an expensive programme to unlock/flash all phones and it doesn't take the makers of that software long to make the changes to add new phones.

Personally i would never use an online company to unlock my phone if i had to pay but using paypal is secure as it can be so if thats the way you want to do it you should be fine,it looks a proper company and by using paypal they don't get any personal info which they can use.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way.The truth, and the life."
    "No one comes to the Father, but through Me."

There can be only one 'GOD'
  • mobile-advice
    Options
    I don't think the remote unlock service is available for the 6800 yet, or the 6630 for that matter. The algorithms used to calculate the codes are different to the other DCT-4 handsets.

The only way for sure is to get the handset flashed, or ask the network, but in some cases they charge way to much.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah cheers for that, I suspected as much. Ah well I'll just have to make do with 3's net access, oh wait, that's right they don't have net access!
  • sc0use
    sc0use Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think the remote unlock service is available for the 6800 yet, or the 6630 for that matter. The algorithms used to calculate the codes are different to the other DCT-4 handsets.

The only way for sure is to get the handset flashed, or ask the network, but in some cases they charge way to much.
    LOL FLASHING DOES NOT UNLOCK A BB5 PHONE ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure