PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

There is a Better Cleaner Than Stardrops

Options
1234568»

Comments

• niksyg
    niksyg Posts: 678 Forumite
    Options
    I think stardrops is rubbish! Thanks for the info on Barkeepers Friend...asda cheapy cream cleaner is pretty good too!
    Clearing debt to save for a simple wedding.
    Starting 2016 With debt of £7700
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    I usually wash lunchboxes when filthy in either the dishwasher (if hard plastic), or the washing machine.
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I love BKF, funilly enough bought some stardrops today havent bought any for ages, any one else find it really hurts their hands?
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    My cleaning cupboard consists of
    Stardrops
    Barkeepers Friend
    Soda Crystals
    Borax
    Bicarbonate of Soda
    White Vinegar
    Brillo Pads
    Tea Tree Oil
    Bleach
    Sugar Soap
    Washing up liquid
    This is all I need for every sort of cleaning job
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • BaboonBoy
    BaboonBoy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Gonna have to try this BKF but for stainless steel sinks rub with baby oil after cleaning it. Good for SS hobs too. Don't know how it works but I assume the oil stops stuff sticking to it by forming a thin layer. Need to do it every 3 months or so. It works but I do get some strange looks from friends when they see the baby oil lying around!! White vinegar brilliant for cleaning stone slabs by the way.
    BB (Aged 48 and 3/4)
  • Ida_Notion
    Ida_Notion Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I absolutely love Stardrops for spot-treating and cleaning carpets, but also find it too foamy to use for much else. Somewhat shamefacedly I'll admit that the main force behind routine cleaning around here is that handy, all-purpose gadget known as a 'husband' (upkeep and maintenance costs a bit too large on this one, but probably worth it :) ) but when I do the rest it's usually with my flimsy, rather useless steam cleaner ('Vax', if I remember rightly - never again) and Asda cream cleaner. I used to have a pot of White Wizard and thought it was brilliant, but it came from one of the catalogues that drop through the door - Kleeneze or Betterware - and I don't even look at those anymore since I realised that doing so usually led to me spending a fortune on cleaning or storage solutions before I'd even encountered the problem. I'd happily buy it again (or an equivalent) if it was available on supermarket shelves.

It's fairly safe to say that I am no longer swayed by glossy doorstep catalogues, but I'm a lot less immune to glowing recommendations on here if others are confirming them. Bar Keeper's Friend sounds very effective, and since I'm going to Asda later on anyway...
    Freddie Starr Ate My Signature
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport