PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

There is a Better Cleaner Than Stardrops

Options

Comments

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    i looked for this in morrisons and instore and couldnt find it any ideas anyone
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LJM wrote: »
    i looked for this in morrisons and instore and couldnt find it any ideas anyone

Have you got an Asda in your area? They definitely sell it.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    Right i've finally got my hands on this bar keepers friend. It did a good job on the underside of my pan and my sink however I'm wondering whether its any better than Ajax? :confused:

It seems to be the same kind of stuff only Ajax is cheaper.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Angelina-M wrote: »
    Right i've finally got my hands on this bar keepers friend. It did a good job on the underside of my pan and my sink however I'm wondering whether its any better than Ajax? :confused:

It seems to be the same kind of stuff only Ajax is cheaper.

Yes I thought it's like Vim or Ajax. Where do you buy either of these products now though?.....I thought they had stopped making them.
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say managed to get Bar Keepers at Asda's and used it on my sink today, brillant many thanks for the tip. I like star drops but don't agreet that it is the supercleaner whereas I am now looking forward to trying Bar Keepers on various bits and pieces.
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • jinny
    jinny Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KittyKate wrote: »
    I have to admit, I hate Stardrops (the shame!) I find it far too bubbly (even when I use only a drop) and just not for me when it comes to cleaning kitchen, bathroom etc.

I use flash all in one (yellow bottle for £1 lasts me months) to do the whole house. I've never heard of barkeeper's friend before!
    Me too, I cannot get away with Stardrops either (Ill stand in the corner with you!):o I put an inch of flash in a spray bottle and fill up with warm water and I can do all of my place with that, I love the smell too.
    ”Pour yourself a drink, (tea for me now)
    Put on some lipstick
    and pull yourself together”
    - Elizabeth Taylor
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to get Ajax in my local Sainsbury's for 90p (I think it was 90p check it outyourself as i was in a rush) I've compared that against barkeepers friend today and found no difference.

Dont get me wrong, barkeepers friend is brill if you cant get one of the powder scourers, however Ajax was half the price.

Stardrops is fine but for me its not a miracle cleaner
  • Swindon_Baggie
    Options
    Hi

Just been to Aldi, they had BKF on a Sunday special at £1.55:money:, got some today, tuesday, they had loads left, so stock should last till the end of the week.

Looks like a rush job from barkeepers cause the label isn't sitting flat (most were like this). Normal size pack, normal weight, just cheap.

I look forward to using it.

I second, third, whatever, the comment about star drops. Good in a squirty bottle on surfaces, but I find the pre-impregnated adsa anti-bac wipes quicker to use, and ring them out, and you can use them to rinse the surface, wring them again and they dry the surface. When you have 2 jobs, working 13 hour days (by choice for bank balance, not need), you want to be able to shave a couple of minutes off cleaning times, to make the most of your time at the weekend.

I want the bar keepers friend which will hopefully avoid the pungent smells from cif stainless steel cleaner, which make me choke.:mad:

I wasn't impressed with stardrops in the washing or laundry either.:confused:
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke
  • HockeyDuo8083
    Options
    OH god I am so excited about BarKeeper's Friend...how wrong! Need to find some to try it out. Just purchased my first bottle of Stardrops at the weekend and was overly excited about that too.:rotfl:
    Spreading the gospel that is Martin Lewis to the future generation....I'm a Home Economics Teacher and being thrifty is the way!:A
  • skintstudentbabe
    Options
    iv got a yucky brown ring on the top of my white microwave and nothin wil shift it..............will barkeepers friend do the job?? plse get bck to me asap on this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure