Invisalign teeth straightening

Options
12346»

Comments

• lotty84
    Options
    I am hoping to get invisalign - which cardiff dentist are you using?
  • welshdent
    welshdent Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lotty84 wrote: »
    I am hoping to get invisalign - which cardiff dentist are you using?
    You after an orthodontist in south wales? PM me I know a few
  • noapron
    noapron Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    About two and a half years ago dd had to have a brace fitted - only to upper teeth. Asked about invisiligne but was told categorically her teeth were not suitable, so she had to have the train tracks for about 18 months and in fact her teeth did, according to the ortho straighten easily.

We did know an invisiligne would have been about £2k and would have meant more visits to the ortho than train tracks which were every ten weeks. We never did find out, considering dd's case was simple, why invisiligne was unsuitable - perhaps they are for more complicated problems.
  • brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    Every orthodontic system has its limitations.Some will not give a good result with certain problems. It's not that a problem is difficult to treat , it's just that certain systems move teeth in certain ways.

Thats why the important thing is to see an orthodontist first before you decide what system you would prefer because the system you research may not be the best choice for you.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    skipsmum wrote: »
    Toothsmith, do you know much about Inman Aligners?
    X

I'm not in any way dental qualified but started off with invisalign which stopped working for me after about 9 months, and was switched to an inman aligner instead. It was probably more comfortable than the invisalign, and works very quickly. If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them based on my own experience if you like?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure