Invisalign teeth straightening

Options

Comments

• bellamonkey
    Options
    I would love to have my front teeth straightened. Am I too old for invisalign braces, I am 55.
  • sarah84
    sarah84 Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    Toothsmith wrote: »
    So no-one can see why you're talking like a drunken lunatic! :D

Are you that reassuring to your patients?! :rotfl:
    Friends/family think I've had a couple of teeth removed so the lisp was down to that. I'm glad to say my speech is much better after 2 and a half days, and I haven't had any pain at all :T I've been told my treatment will take 18 months, very excited to be getting straight teeth after hating my smile for ten years!
    If it hurts no-one, let it be :beer:
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    sarah84 wrote: »
    Are you that reassuring to your patients?! :rotfl:
    Friends/family think I've had a couple of teeth removed so the lisp was down to that. I'm glad to say my speech is much better after 2 and a half days, and I haven't had any pain at all :T I've been told my treatment will take 18 months, very excited to be getting straight teeth after hating my smile for ten years!

I'm famous for it!

It's the same way I hate tippex. Mistakes should be honestly and proudly crossed out!

Braces should be worn with pride! Not hidden away!
    :rotfl: :rotfl:
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • Dermbet
    Dermbet Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I would love to have my front teeth straightened. Am I too old for invisalign braces, I am 55.

If you have a little patience it could work for you. Its an easy process.!! but there are irritations along the way, pain in teeth being pushed is minimal, but some people seem to be worried by it. there is also lots of cleaning to do of braces and teeth.

they are almost invisible tho so u dont have to worry about people noticing them

Ive been wearing Invisalign for about 10 months now. When I was younger i stupidly avoided getting a brace cos I was embarrassed to wear metal - a big mistake. I hated my smile later!

I had a slight overbite and crooked teeth at front and incisors were also too far forward. My lower set were ok but not perfect.
    I went to Invisalign orthodontist and he told me how the process worked. I would never get metal in my 30s, too much problem socially, so i was really keen. I read on internet and looked at sites like clear-braces(dot)org and archwired and bracereview
    You should do the same - get it checked out.
    It's not available on NHS, and costs £2000to £4000

I paid about £3000 - yes expensive I know, but it depends what you value in life, a nice smile or a new tv!.
  • singingsusan
    Options
    fimonkey wrote: »
    I'm using invisalign for top and bottom at teh mmoent. I'm on 12/15 for upper adn 12/24 for lower.

They cost £2k, with an initial payment of £500 when the moulds were taken and then I pay the rest by installments every time I visit. (Usually about £120 every 6 wks). No interest added onto the payment plan.

I live in Christchurch, Dorset. And would definatly recommend invisalign. A friend of mine who had train tracks had horrible trouble with mouth irritation.

Happy to answer any questions, just PM me.

Cheerio

Where abouts did you go i live in Bournemouth
  • I live in Australia but I have Invisalign and I am 36. My case was quite complex- it isn't true that it is only for very simple cases any more. There are quite a few ways to save money- a good way is to find a University with a dentistry school that does orthodontics. They often take people on fairly cheaply.

I have made a blog of my Invisalign experience which you can find by googling My Hollywood Smile. I have a lot of pictures on there so you can see how it works. It isn't completely invisible but it's pretty good. I am about halfway through treatment at the moment and my teeth already look dramatically better. It really can be worthwhile.

One thing though, I would be careful about choosing an orthodontist just on the basis of price. They can have very different skill levels with Invisalign
  • 19ardagh70
    Options
    Hi Steph B, I bit the bullet, no pun intended and started Invisalign last week. It took me months to save up the £2600 (Cardiff) but I think it'll be worth it.

They take lots of casts and pics of your teeth then generate a small video of how your teeth will transform over the course. I was soo excited to see MY teeth beautifully straight. It's going to take 10months and my wedding is in 7 months but at least they'll be better! I'm more confident already, knowing I'm doing something about it.
    It was really scary trying to take them off for the first time. They clip onto tiny catches fixed to your teeth and I thought I'd never be able to get them off, but i did and I'm getting the hang of them. Even when I show people they can't see them.
    So go on, join me and have them done...

Hi Miss Sunshine,
    I was just reading your post and wondered how you got on with your brace ? i know its been a long time, but i am considering having one. Did it work for you ?
    :confused:
  • fairly_good_fairy
    Options
    I've just had Invisalign fitted this week. In the spirit of MSE I got £500 knocked off because of a special offer and it includes free whitening. I had to pay £300 deposit to get the 3D computerised model of my teeth and it's going to take about 40 weeks to get perfect teeth. Unfortunately my wedding is 36 weeks away! My only gripe is that mine aren't invisible because I've had to have little tabs put on all my front teeth to hold the brace in place. You can't see them from about 2 feet away, but close up you can.

I have a question for anyone that's had them, or any brace really, did you have problems sleeping? I keep waking up all the time in the night and it's starting to get me down a bit, I'm hoping it will wear off :)
  • 19ardagh70
    19ardagh70 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 August 2009 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Where abouts do you live to get that cost,And get mse discount. The more i read the more i want it ! I only need my four top incisors moving forward slightly, so it may not be too much, and to be able to pay every 6 weeks as some one said prviously would be great !
    Although i dont know how long it would take for me. Did they say its permanent ?
    x
  • fairly_good_fairy
    Options
    Hi 19ardagh70 :) The dentist I'm seeing is in Manchester and the treatment is costing £2750. It was a limited time offer to get £500 off but the dentist I go to always offers free whitening so the standard price is £3250.

I also didn't think I needed too much doing as my teeth are pretty straight anyway (just not perfect!) but I was shocked at how much work needed to be done - best to go with an open mind.

The £300 for the 3D modelling is non-refundable, but if you are not happy with that, then you don't have to go any further. Also they offered a 0% finance deal over 12 months which was ok but I decided to pay off a bit each time I go in as the money for my teeth has been budgeted for.

The straightening is permanent if your teeth are put into perfect dental alignment through the invisalign process. I will still have a slight overbite so I will need to wear a retainer at night for a year afterwards to make mine permanent and may possibly need something put behind my teeth permanently to keep them in place. This was my decision because the alternative was to have two healthy teeth taken out, which I wasn't happy about. What was good though was I had the 3D modelling done for both scenarios at no extra cost so I was able to make an informed choice. Hope this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure