Invisalign teeth straightening

Options

Comments

• pinkerton_angel
    Options
    Hi all,
    After many years and many different dentists I'm finally about to embark on my invisalign treatment. Funnily enough EVERYONE comments on what a great smile I have, but I hate it! Have always had a wonky gum line and one of my front teeth slightly overlaps another. All my friends say they can't see anything wrong but when I look at photos it's really noticeable and really bothers me. I've never been adverse to wearing braces of any kind (in fact as a child I used to wish I had one and pretend with chewing gum!) but apparently my dentist back then said there was nothing that could be done for me, hence I've always believed that. Different dentists have said different things over the years, I've travelled far and wide for expert opinions, some say they can't do anything, some say they can. I've now found a fantastic dentist who's on my doorstep and just started doing Invisalign at the start of this year. Total cost is just over £3k,, that includes free whitening.
    I have to say that I found the impressions appointments horrific, I suffer from claustraphobia anyway and can't even snorkle etc. but these Invisalign impressions I found awful, had to go back again the same day to have them done again as they hadn't got round far enough!
    Yesterday I went to view the clincheck animation and all I can say is wow how fantastic was that!! Was amazed as I'd convinced myself they were going to say they couldn't do anything, they did say I was a complicated case however! didn't think my teeth were that bad lol!
    So I've now shelled out half the payment and will be going back on 24th Sept to have the first ones, dentist tells me I'll have them for a week without the fixtures, just to get used to taking them in and out, I can't say I'm looking forward to that after reading what other people have said but I'm sure it'll get easier in time.
    I'm actually really excited that I'll finally hopefully have teeth that I can be proud of. Like many others I'm getting married next year and want to make sure the photos look good, I guess also the wedding diet will be helped by not being able to eat without a bit of hassle :rotfl:
    My treatment is predicted for 60 weeks and my wedding's in 51 but I know they'll look much better by that time and I really can't wait. So glad I've finally got the ball rolling :j
    pinky
    A&L charges WON - Barclaycard charges WON - MBNAx3 charges WON - Halifax charges WON
    Still fighting: Next/Cabot default - Littlewoods/NDR default
  • pinkerton_angel
    Options
    Well I finally have them in now and I'm glad it's all started. It's a bit of a change, getting used to taking them in and out for eating/drinking and my teeth are really quite sore at the moment but then I've only had the braces for a few days - watch this space!
    A&L charges WON - Barclaycard charges WON - MBNAx3 charges WON - Halifax charges WON
  • LittleBill
    LittleBill Posts: 1,543 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I have made a blog of my Invisalign experience which you can find by googling My Hollywood Smile. I have a lot of pictures on there so you can see how it works. It isn't completely invisible but it's pretty good. I am about halfway through treatment at the moment and my teeth already look dramatically better. It really can be worthwhile.

One thing though, I would be careful about choosing an orthodontist just on the basis of price. They can have very different skill levels with Invisalign

Thanks so much for this ... i have been umming and ahhing over doing this for some time but ..

A: Have been worried about how effective it would be ... I would say my problem is moderate looking at yours ... and ..
    B: Concerned that even if my teeth were correctable ... they might relapse after treatment ...

Blog very helpful ... and pictures great ... Well done you and thank you :D

LittleTwoSlightlyRabbityOnesAndAWholeWonkyBottomSetBill ... Ha ha ... my longest name yet ... :rotfl:
    LittleBill ... "The riches of a man can be measured by what he can do without"
  • x561
    Options
    davetaylor wrote: »
    Hi, I had a consultation yesterday for Invisilign. My Dentist reckons it will cost around £4000.00!!!!!!!

With most things in life, I would want to have a goos search around to try and get it cheaper, however, in this case, I have no idea where to begin. Can anyone help?

Well I have just visited Q clinic at Hartley Street in London where you can get Invisilign for 1795 fixed price, I decided to pay 895 first and then 225 every four weeks, I am not sure if the cost is not just in October, check it with them
  • x561
    Options
    clare74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know about 'chelsea smile' they are offering invisalign for £1495 Is this a good deal or maybe for top OR bottom therefore actually costing £3000?

I don` t know about Chelsea smile, but I wouldn` t go there for that price, try Q clinic in Hartley Street in London - £1795 fixed price but check it with them if it is not a deal for a short period of time, I have already visited them and decided to go ahead with that
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A dentist has to have you in front of them in order to be able to give you an opinion.

You can't base anything on a description or even a photograph.

Get yourself referred to an orthodontist by your dentist.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    Only someone who can actually see you can tell. There is no substitute for an orthodontic assesment.

One word of warning. The Laboratory fees for invisalign have rocketed up recently to nearly £2000 for alot of cases . This is going to greatly increase the cost of treatment so last years prices are likely to be well out now.
  • skipsmum
    skipsmum Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    Toothsmith, do you know much about Inman Aligners?
    X
    With Sparkles! :happylove And Shiny Things!
  • pinkerton_angel
    Options
    My advice?? get to your dentist asap!! I too spent years regretting not getting my teeth fixed when I was younger and yes, Invisalign isn't cheap (mine cost £3000) but it has to be one of the best things I've done and just getting started with it felt sooooooo good. I looked at all options, Invisalign, Inman, the metal ones, veneers... everything, saw 3 different dentists throughout the country and finally went with my local (lovely) dentist who is literally round the corner from me - which is good as I see him at least once a month :o)
    I'm half way through now and love my braces, apart from the horrific experience (for me - I can't even snorkel without panicking!) of getting the moulds done and the intial feeling of I can't possibly wear these for the next 12 months, they're great.
    I thought mine was quite a minor problem as many people couldn't even understand why I wanted braces but it turns out that it's actually quite complex so you never know until you've seen someone and had a proper consultation, but would definitely recommend it!!!
    Good luck, let us know how you get on...
    pinky :p
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    skipsmum wrote: »
    Toothsmith, do you know much about Inman Aligners?
    X

No! I'm not an orthodontist.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure