Best ISA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Robert_Sterling_3
    Options
    Do the above posts answer your question PaulPaul?
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Don't know about that, but they can open an ISA in their own name.

My 16 year old daughter has opened an Abbey Postal ISA in her own name this year

Sorry, didnt spot the age 16.  Saw "children" and ftse tracker and assumed younger.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Robert_Sterling_3
    Options
    Some of my parents' children are in their seventies
    My grandparents' children are over 100.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • Fast_Track_UK
    Options
    ** Hi Paul,

We have a policy on this site that the poster may not post for personal gain, and given the very nature of your post we would assume that you have a vested interested in this.

However, i can appreciate that your post attempted to apologise if it broke any rules, so rather than simply deleting it, i would like to make you aware that you are able to post responses such as this in our referral board.

This has been edited by Mod2 **
  • Fast_Track_UK
    Options
    Thanks for the swift reply

Here is the information you require to make a more informed decision before you buy an ISA Investment

If you like the website (** See above - Edited by Mod 2 **) click on view the book to review the information inside the book

Check out our UK testimonials. if you have any questions email (** See above - Edited by Mod 2 **)

Your friend

Paul Sutherland

Personal Investing Expert
    (** See above - Edited by Mod 2 **)
  • TaBunny
    TaBunny Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 2 children over 16, can I open an ISA for them and put in 3000 within this tax year.  ???

Hi my daughter had a savings account which I had been paying into since she was 6 at 16 she had over £2,500 and the bank suggested she put it into an ISA you can open one at 16 and it is in her name, she has it linked to her current account so she can easily transfer money in to the ISA as she has a little part time job after school. We are with the Abbey and get quite a good rate of interest but any bank will let 16 years olds open their own ISA, good luck.
    :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport