🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

my search funds

Options

Comments

• joniebee
    joniebee Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone advise me how to get paid by homepages friends,By bank account or paypal?I initially chose paypal but have since come accross numerous websites full of horror stories about the service,So bad are the stories that i now doubt if id be any safer using paypal than my own bank account,Which method of payment should i use?
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    daisy2002 wrote: »
    I agree, Yahoo is rubbish.
    It didn't bring up something i searched for but google did :rolleyes:

That could be because of a misconception on what yahoo is, its not a search engine it's a directory. It does not send out spiders (this used to be done in collaboration with google, not sure if it still does) to map sites it relies on people registering their site with them.

Therefore it can only ever find what is registered with them.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • LindsayO
    LindsayO Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    marvin wrote: »
    That could be because of a misconception on what yahoo is, its not a search engine it's a directory. It does not send out spiders (this used to be done in collaboration with google, not sure if it still does) to map sites it relies on people registering their site with them.

Therefore it can only ever find what is registered with them.

so one thing you can still use mysearchfunds for is to stop using favourites and search for websites you regularly use, as they are likely to be in the Yahoo directory

I wish they were still using Google though
    LindsayO
    Goal: mortgage free asap
    15/10/2007: Mortgage: £110k Term: 17 years
    18/08/2008: Mortgage: £107k Mortgage - Offset savings: £105k
    02/01/2009: Mortgage: £105k Mortgage - Offset savings: £99k

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LindsayO wrote: »
    so one thing you can still use mysearchfunds for is to stop using favourites and search for websites you regularly use, as they are likely to be in the Yahoo directory

I wish they were still using Google though

The paid for results on the yahoo results page used to be provided to yahoo by google, it would search the sites using its spider do not know if this is still the case.

I think the deal will be the same with google, you get paid for the search only if you click on one of the sponsored ads (I could be wrong though and they would be foolish to publish their business model as it would leave them open to serious abuse if people knew exactly how they get paid and how that is paid to the end user.)
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • LindsayO
    LindsayO Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    marvin wrote: »
    The paid for results on the yahoo results page used to be provided to yahoo by google, it would search the sites using its spider do not know if this is still the case.

I think the deal will be the same with google, you get paid for the search only if you click on one of the sponsored ads (I could be wrong though and they would be foolish to publish their business model as it would leave them open to serious abuse if people knew exactly how they get paid and how that is paid to the end user.)

marvin, I've "been paid", money credited to me, not actually paid out, when they used google, but I didn't click on any of the sponsored links, just one of the regulr search results
    LindsayO
    Goal: mortgage free asap
    15/10/2007: Mortgage: £110k Term: 17 years
    18/08/2008: Mortgage: £107k Mortgage - Offset savings: £105k
    02/01/2009: Mortgage: £105k Mortgage - Offset savings: £99k

• The_Edible_Dormouse
    Options
    Even if I only earn £20 off it in a year as having it as my default search, it's still free money!
    £5 a day in December £179.59/£155
    £100 on STP by 31 January 09 £2.03/£100
  • Nicko25
    Nicko25 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I got a click fraud e-mail this morning from them, the same one I got twice in may. I'm doing searches in the normal way, I do 30-40 a day and leave about 10 minutes between each search, just like I've always done. I've not done anything wrong, or did they send me it by mistake?
  • sopylou
    sopylou Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Since MSF has changed to the new homepage my details are no longer stored automatically as they were before on MSF. This isn't a problem since i can remember what my password was anyway but for some reason it isn't accepting my password and says that it is incorrect. :mad: I cant seem to find anywhere on the page which would help me in this situation and there isnt a 'forgotten password' bit that i can click for them to send me my passowrd - even though i know it! just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem or if anybody knows where i may be going wrong.:confused:

thank you all xxx:T
  • jpgames
    jpgames Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
  • kelven0717
    Options
    I've been paid £1 two days ago.
    It's really good.
    But now it's closed for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories