National Counties Bs Isa 5.50%

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
7 replies 2.7K views
lekileki Forumite
13 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hi

i have £9,000 to transfer and saw NATIONAL COUNTIES is offering 5.50% interest ( http://www.ncbs.co.uk/ncbs.asp ) on thier ISA. anyone know if they are any good and if its a good deal?

cheers.

Replies

• Yep looks like a very good rate for an instant access cash ISA, guranteed to be 0.5% above the base rate until April 2006. Go for it.. does not appear to be any drawbacks to the account...
  • leki wrote:
    Hi

i have £9,000 to transfer and saw NATIONAL COUNTIES is offering 5.50% interest ( http://www.ncbs.co.uk/ncbs.asp ) on thier ISA. anyone know if they are any good and if its a good deal?

cheers.
    I seem to remember that you can't transfer anything to the National Counties offering until after the interest rate bonus has ended - i.e. when it's no longer worth it. :mad:

JC
  • isasmurfisasmurf Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Two drawbacks
    1. You can't transfer from another ISA during the first year
    2. Transfers out will be charged 10 days loss of interest.
  • lekileki Forumite
    13 Posts
    isasmurf wrote:
    Two drawbacks
    1. You can't transfer from another ISA during the first year
    2. Transfers out will be charged 10 days loss of interest.

damn...anyone know which is the best paying ISA to transfer £9,000 into?
  • ReportInvestorReportInvestor Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    National Counties is the number 1 building society for savers in terms of value for ALL their members over time. They don't tend to mess people about. Their costs are low, their accounts are straightforward and they have huge reserves which help fund their products.

Investors' Association building society savings & mortgage survey

For instance in 2003 - a lousy year for savers - National Counties paid out 4.15% on average.
  • BhamstudentBhamstudent Forumite
    483 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've got a NCBS Guaranteed ISA, and they've just written to me to say that they're removing the 10 days loss of interest transfer fee from 6th April 2006 on the 2nd Issue ISA, which is what the Guaranteed ISA gets swept into , and the rate on their ordinary ISA is now 5.1% from £1 up, which isn't such a bad rate really. I assume that this applies to accounts opened now, but it'd be worth a check. I'd say go with them, account was easy to set up, and they've been good on the phone etc.
  • dealseekerdealseeker Forumite
    228 Posts
    leki wrote:
    Hi

Saw NATIONAL COUNTIES is offering 5.50% interest ( http://www.ncbs.co.uk/ncbs.asp ) on thier ISA.

Guaranteed ISA listed as "no longer available". Only Second Issue ISA @ 5.1% appears to be available now.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals