Kiss a company?

2»

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Perhaps that's why Comet doesn't appear on the list Royalsteve........it is a 'pat on the back' list of companies after all.;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Murtle wrote:
    I voed for HSBC - as First Direct are part of their group, thought they could have had their own mention though as their customer service is fantastic.

I agree FD should have their own spot, :j best customer service ever from any company I have dealt with. My DH has dealings with HSBC and he always has trouble with the offshore call centre.

Edited to add so I voted for Amazon because i love them too!:)
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • annebarby
    annebarby Posts: 25 Forumite
    I can't believe First Direct isn't in the list - they're the greatest and should have an entry all of their own, not as part of the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corp. I've been with FD for 10 years, and I recently opened a second account with the Alliance and Leicester because they were offering more interest on current accounts, but their customer service pales into insignificance next to FD, as does their website.

Anne
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I agree that First Direct is a better bank than most, but they do make too many mistakes. The really glaring gap in the list is the Co-op bank group, including in particular the on-line bank Smile. If more people knew how good they were, most of the other banks would go out of business!
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    I agree that First Direct is a better bank than most, but they do make too many mistakes. The really glaring gap in the list is the Co-op bank group, including in particular the on-line bank Smile. If more people knew how good they were, most of the other banks would go out of business!

Sorry I have to disagree on this one, I have been with FD since 1992 and they have never made a mistake with any transaction ever.

Last year I was given some incorrect info regarding transfers of my cc onto a 0% deal which meant they charged me some interest, one call, no arguments it was refunded. The charge was in fact correct but because I had asked the guy on the phone if I could make a second transfer from the same card without paying interest they just paid it back no problem.

Co-op bank different story, they kept sending me credit card cheques I asked them not to on several occasions, often they came in unsealed envelopes. I closed all my co-op accounts because they can't follow simple instructions!
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Come on....who voted for Railtrack??!

Ikea got my vote. Cheap as chips and twice as cheery!
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • nickinoo
    nickinoo Posts: 617 Forumite
    The BBC for me-Cbeebies is a sanity saver!
  • Below are the results to our previous poll. Thanks to the 1252 participants who took part in this poll.

Previous Poll Topic: Kiss a company? A few weeks ago the poll asked you to select one company to kill and zap to make the UK a better place. Now you can slap one on the back and say 'I love you - I wish all others were as good as you'. Who do you pick?

BBC 14.8% - (186 Votes)
    Amazon 12.3% - (154 Votes)
    Tesco 11.1% - (140 Votes)
    Asda 7% - (88 Votes)
    Virgin 6% - (76 Votes)
    Egg 4.7% - (59 Votes)
    Ikea 4.4% - (56 Votes)
    Morrisons 3.4% - (43 Votes)
    M&S 2.6% - (33 Votes)
    Orange 2.5% - (32 Votes)
    Sainsbury 2.3% - (30 Votes)
    Royal Mail 2.3% - (29 Votes)
    EasyGroup 1.6% - (21 Votes)
    Sky 1.5% - (20 Votes)
    Carphone Warehouse 1.5% - (20 Votes)
    AA 1.5% - (20 Votes)
    HSBC 1.5% - (19 Votes)
    O2 1.4% - (18 Votes)
    Lloyds TSB 1.3% - (17 Votes)
    Halifax 1.3% - (17 Votes)
    Barclays 1.3% - (17 Votes)
    British Airways 1.2% - (16 Votes)
    AOL UK 1.2% - (16 Votes)
    RAC 1.1% - (15 Votes)
    WHSmith 1.1% - (14 Votes)
    Vodafone 0.9% - (12 Votes)
    Natwest 0.9% - (12 Votes)
    Three 0.7% - (9 Votes)
    Railtrack 0.6% - (8 Votes)
    Norwich Union 0.6% - (8 Votes)
    British Gas 0.6% - (8 Votes)
    Northern Rock 0.5% - (7 Votes)
    NTL 0.4% - (6 Votes)
    ITV 0.4% - (6 Votes)
    Dixons 0.4% - (6 Votes)
    Tmobile 0.3% - (5 Votes)
    Kwikfit 0.3% - (5 Votes)
    Powergen 0.1% - (2 Votes)
    NPower 0% - (1 Votes)
    Going Places 0% - (1 Votes)

Total Votes: 1252
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd agree First Direct are great - but they've just announced a charge for them sending text-message statements. How rude!
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport